Do you see “design” in everything? Getting into details be it about fabric/ pottery/ ceramic design comes naturally to you? Do you find yourself looking at something and wondering “this could be better if (blank)”? If you can relate with each and every word written above, welcome to the world of design. To fuel this interest, many people enroll themselves in a design school which tops the list of every art student in National Institute of Design (NID). In order to secure admission here, aspirants first need to clear Design Aptitude Test (DAT). In the year of 2020, those aspirants who are making their mind to get appear in NID DAT entrance exam then they should go through with the tips of how to prepare for NID DAT 2020. This will help candidates to crack NID DAT entrance exam. Careers360 brings a compilation of top-notch tips on how to prepare for NID DAT 2020 entrance test, which will confirm candidates seat at the prestigious college. NID teaches their students about aesthetic sense, design and art and extracts of design engineering.
On the basis of performance in NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, NID offers admission to candidates in Bachelor of Design (B.Des). NID Design Aptitude Test is divided into two parts, like- NID DAT (Prelims) and NID DAT (Mains). NID DAT (Pre) is the written design aptitude test, aspirants have to clear Prelims first to get appear in NID DAT (Mains). NID DAT (Mains) includes studio test and an interview round. Candidates who get through both these NID DAT rounds are given admission in Bachelor of Design at NID. On this page Careers360 provides all relevant information regarding NID DAT preparation tips.
How does a candidate get into NID Ahmedabad in his or her first attempt? So, here are a few tips and clues to clear NID DAT (Prelims). When it comes to how to prepare for NID DAT then a candidate have to develop their sketching and drawing skills. Candidates must keep sharpening these skills while preparing for NID DAT 2020 exam.
While preparing for NID DAT, focus on product development. For example, what kind of material is used to make a ball pen? Why did the designer of that pen choose the specific material? Or What determines the length of a pen? etc.
If a candidate really wants to crack NID DAT 2020 exam then their pencil should move as fast as their thoughts. Communicate with your idea as fast as the speed of light. According to the previous years NID DAT toppers, Time will fly while taking the NID entrance exam.
Firstly, draw small thumbnails, then move on to the light hand and finish it with dry colors like, pencil, ball pens, crayons etc.
Candidates have to plan their NID DAT preparation section wise. Means which section you will attempt first, Second and so forth.
If you draw well, then you will crack NID DAT entrance, which is the most common misconception among all NID aspirants. NID questions are framed to test the imagination, creativity and visualization skills/ general awareness/ observation of a candidate. Basically, NID focuses on the problem solving capabilities.
Candidates should be creative and will be able to come up with new and original ideas. Candidates should be that much creative that they can rebirth their ideas everyday.While NID exam preparation, motivate yourself, work with enthusiasm then you must be amazed at your ideas and creations.
If candidates are not able to present their thoughts in the exam hall in the limited span of time which means their drawing & creative skills are useless. Maintaining speed is equally important.
Solve all the previous papers on or before NID DAT exam date. Solve at least a question paper within the time limit. Apart from that do mock test everyday.
Do not practice in A3 size sketch book. Always use A4 size because normally A4 is the standard size of answer sheets in the exam.
During exam don’t worry about marks or scoring high. Candidates should be confident about their drawing and answer.
Requiring drawing question, always draw with a light hand first. When candidates satisfied with their proportion and rough outline, now they can finalize it. Doing this there are less chances of erasing & re-drawing and candidates save a lot of time.
Practice more with dry colors, because they are convenient to use and take less time during exam.
Candidates should plan their time for NID DAT entrance preparation. Making a timetable is the best option.
NID (B.Des) Entrance Book and Test Series
NID Mock Test Series 2019-20
Bhanwar Rathore and Alumni Ahmedabad
NIFT/NID/IIFT Entrance Exam Guide
RPH Editorial Board
NID DAT Books
R.S Aggarwal (Aptitude Section)
NIFT, NID, IIFT Entrance Examination
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
NID DAT Exam Pattern 2020 - Candidates should be familiar with NID DAT 2020 exam pattern to score...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile