NID DAT Cutoff 2020 - National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. The qualifying cutoff percentile score of NID DAT 2020 will also be announced by National Institute of Design for B.Des. admissions. To get admission in NID DAT B.Des programme, candidates have to secure the prescribed minimum cut off i.e. score out of 100. The authorities will also declare NID DAT 2020 cut off in form of score obtained by the last candidate admitted. To be precise, it is the score of the last candidate, who will be offered admission to the Institute, in order of merit. Around 5,000 aspirants appear for NID DAT, which offers admissions to a total of 100 undergraduate design seats. The national level design entrance exam is held in two stages- prelims and mains. Candidates who will qualify the first stage to be eligible for the second phase, they can check the category-wise NID DAT cutoff 2020 in this article.
Careers 360 will provide the detailed information as to the cutoff of NID DAT 2020 as soon as it is released by the National Institute of Design. Aspiring candidates, however, can check the minimum qualifying percentile score required for admission in 2019 to get an idea.
NID DAT 2019 Qualifying Percentile Score
Bachelor of Design
NID DAT 2010 Percentile Score of the last candidate (as on August 5, 2019)
Bachelor of Design, Ahmedabad
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design, Bhopal
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design, Vijaywada
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design, Kurukshetra
Graduate Diploma Programme in Design, Jorhat
NID DAT B.Des Final Cutoff 2019
NID DAT Cut off (as on May 7, 2019)
Click Here to check the complete details of NID DAT Cutoff 2019.
Candidates can also check the score of the last candidate below, who was offered admission in 2016, 2017 and 2018.
NID DAT Cut off (as on June 15, 2018)
Check below NID DAT prelims score to be shortlisted for mains of the last admitted candidate in order of merit
NID DAT 2018 Cut off (scores out of 100)
NID DAT 2017 Cut off Scores
NID DAT 2016 Cut off Scores
Note: Above scores are out of 100.
A total of 100 seats will be offered at the NID Ahmedabad campus in B.Design programmes.
B. Design Specialisation
Faculty of Industrial Design
Ceramic and Glass Design
Faculty of Communication Design
Animation Film Design
Film and Video Communication
Faculty of Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design
The reservation criteria given below will be followed at the time of NID seat allotment:
Reservation Percentage (number of seats)
Other Backward Class - Non-creamy layer (OBC-NCL)
Scheduled Category (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Relaxation in NID DAT cut off 2020 scores for candidates belonging to reserved categories
Candidates belonging to the reserved categories, such as ST, SC, OBC-NCL, and PwD categories will be declared as qualified based on the relaxed criterion given below:
10% less than cut off score of Open category
20% less than cut off score of Open category
30% less than cut off score of Open category
National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 (Prelims) in first week of January in offline mode. The test will be held across various cities including Ahmedabad, Lucknow, Chandigarh, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jammu, Kolkata, Kurukshetra, Chennai, Raipur, Ranchi, Nagpur, New Delhi, Patna, Dehradun, Guwahati, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Panjim, Thiruvananthapuram and Vijayawada. The second and final stage, which is Mains will be held in second week of May. The qualified candidates will be offered admission in Bachelor of Design programmes at NID Ahmedabad.
Candidates can check the result of NID DAT 2020 (prelims) in online mode in third week of March. The result will mention candidate’s roll number, score and rank. The authorities will prepare a merit list based on which test-takers will be shortlisted for the second stage- mains. Post mains exam, a final merit list will be released.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
NID DAT Exam Pattern 2020 - Candidates should be familiar with NID DAT 2020 exam pattern to score...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile