NID DAT Eligibility Criteria 2020 - Aspirants who wish to take admission in B.Des at National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad must check NID DAT 2020 eligibility criteria. Students must note that those who fulfill the eligibility criteria, only they will be eligible to apply for Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2020. The design aptitude entrance exam is held to offer admission to qualified candidates in National Institute of Design (NID). The students will be offered admission across a total of 100 B.Des seats on merit basis. The detailed NID DAT 2020 eligibility criteria for appearing in the entrance exam including age and educational requirements is given below in this article.Latest: NID DAT 2020 admission process will begin from first week of October. NID DAT Application Form 2020 to be released in the first week of October
The eligibility criteria of NID DAT 2020 mentions age limit, educational qualifications and the qualifying exams that are accepted by NID. Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying for NID DAT 2020.
Candidates can check the table below to know NID DAT entrance exam 2020 eligibility criteria in detail.
Aspirants up to 20 years of age on or before June 30, 2020, are eligible to apply. However, there is a relaxation of three years for those belonging to the reserved categories.
Students,who have passed or will appear for class 12 examination in any stream in the academic year 2019–20 from any recognized board, such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or their equivalent can apply for NID DAT 2020.
Qualifying exams that are accepted by National Institute of Design are mentioned below in the table:
NID DAT Qualifying Exam
Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, Refer http://www.aiu.ac.in).
Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, Refer www.aiuweb.org).
Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects.
Any public school, board or university examination completed in India or in any foreign country recognised is equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU, Referwww.aiuweb.org).
H.S.C. vocational examination.
General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka.
AICTE approved three-year Full time Diploma post class X offered by Board of Technical Education of any state in India or Union Territories as mentioned on http://www.aicte-india.org/statisticbote.php.
Candidates who took the final examination for class XII (or equivalent) outside India or from a board that is not mentioned above should produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that the examination they go through is equivalent to the class XII examination conducted in India. Candidates have to submit this certificate at the time of document verification.
The NID Admission 2020 is based on the national level entrance test known as the Design Aptitude Test (DAT), which is held in 2 stages – Prelims and Mains. NID offers Bachelor of Design program across eight courses.
To take admission in any of these courses, candidates have to be eligible and qualify NID DAT 2020.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile