NID DAT Exam Centres 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce the list of NID DAT 2020 exam centres, along with other essential information with respect to the entrance test. NID DAT exam centres are the cities where students have to appear for the test. Candidates have to fill their preference for the exam centres while filling NID DAT application form. They must note that they can select only one exam centre from the list. The total number of exam centres of NID DAT 2020 is not same for the preliminary exam and the main exam. NID DAT will be conducted in 21 test cities across India. The DAT Mains exam will be held at Ahmedabad or at entire campuses of NID-Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar Vijaywada, Bengaluru and Kurukshetra. It is to be noted that NID DAT exam centres will be allocated to students based on first come-first serve basis. The details regarding the exam centres will be given on NID DAT admit card. Go through NID DAT exam centres to have complete details on the same.Latest: NID DAT 2020 admission process and application process of NID DAT 2020 to begin from first week of October
Candidates can select the city where they wish to appear for the test from the list of NID DAT exam centres 2020. The list of cities where NID DAT 2020 will be held is given below in the table.
Name of the City
Name of the City
The qualified candidates in the preliminary exam, they will be eligible to appear for the main exam at the Ahmedabad campus of National Institute of Design.
Candidates should carefully select NID DAT exam centre as the authorities won't entertain any request for change after it has been allotted
National Institute of Design has the authority to add or remove any of the exam centres in different cities
Candidates must note that it is not mandatory that they will get an exam centre of his or her choice.
Note: Candidates must reach the test centre at least one hour prior to the beginning of the exam.
National Institute of Design (NID) will release NID DAT 2020 admit card in third week of December 2019 for the preliminary exam. The admit card will include complete information regarding the address of the exam centre. Carrying NID DAT 2020 admit card is important for candidates, otherwise, they will not be allowed to enter the exam centre. They can download NID DAT admit card 2020 by entering their registered mail address, password and verification code. Keep the admit card safely and ensure that nothing is written or scribbled in the admit card.
Only those candidates can make it to the merit list, who must have appeared
appeared in all the tests - Prelims and Mains rounds.
DAT Prelims: Based on the marks obtained in DAT Prelims, a separate merit list will be prepared for all the categories. The candidates will be given marks out of 100 marks, which contains 70 marks for MCQ questions and 30 marks for subjective type questions.
DAT Mains: The qualified candidates in Prelims will have to appear for NID DAT Mains. The number of shortlisted candidates will be more than or equal to three times the number of seats available per category. The candidates will be scored out of a total of 100 marks.
Final Merit List: The final merit list for B.Des will be generated category-wise. It will be based on the sum total of weighted scores at each stage of the admission.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile