NID DAT Exam Pattern 2020 - To score well in the entrance exam, candidates should be familiar with NID DAT 2020 exam pattern. National Institute of Design will release NID DAT exam pattern, along with all other details. The exam consists of three stages - written exam (Prelims and Mains), studio test and personal interview. NID DAT exam pattern consists of the types of questions asked, break of the marks in each section in both prelims and mains exams. Students will also get to know about the mode and medium in which preliminary and mains exam are conducted. NID DAT will be conducted in first week of January 2020. Candidates can go through NID DAT exam pattern 2020 to gather complete information.
Latest - NID DAT 2020 admission process to begin in first week of October, along with NID DAT application form 2020.
NID DAT exam pattern 2020 mentions exam duration, type of questions, the mode in which the entrance exam is conducted. Exam pattern of NID DAT 2020 is not the same for both preliminary and mains exam.
Mode of NID DAT 2020
Medium of the entrance exam
Duration of NID DAT 2020 exam
Type of questions
Subjective and Objective
According to the exam pattern of NID DAT mains, the exam comprises two parts.
Marks per question
Total marks allotted
Objective type questions
1 to 22
Questions( 1 to 14) - 1 mark
Questions (15 to 22) - 2 marks
Subjective type questions
23 to 26
Question (23) - 15 marks
Question (24) - 20 marks
Question (25)- 15 marks
Question (26) - 20 marks, which was subdivided into three parts.
Candidates have to answer multiple choice questions in the first part
Candidates have to mark the responses in the OMR sheet
Part I will have 22 questions consisting of 30 marks.
The responses marked in answer sheet will be checked digitally.
Part II of the entrance exam comprises four subjective questions.
As per exam pattern of NID DAT 2020, it is mandatory for candidates to answer all questions in this part.
All questions are asked in English
There are no negative marks for incorrectly answering the questions
Through NID DAT exam pattern, candidates will also get to know the parameters on which candidates will be assessed in the preliminary exam. Candidates will be evaluated depending on the following factors:
Every question will have four options. Candidates have to use blue or black ball point pen to mark the correct option by darkening the corresponding oval on the answer sheet.
Students must note that they should fill only one oval for every question. Filling more than one will be treated as wrong answer.
Test takers can see the right method pertaining to darkening the oval on side-1 of the answer sheet. They should strictly follow the same method
Students should not tear, mutilate or bend the OMR answer sheet.
Medium of language
Duration of the exam
The NID DAT mains 2020, for bachelor of design, GDPD programmes will be in different formats such as:
Hands-on model making
NID DAT 2020 mains will be held in Ahmedabad. Candidates have to arrange for their own accommodation.
Innovation in design
Principles of composition
Inspiration & design development
Natural & geometrical form
Exercises on imagination
Colour, pattern & texture
Creative thinking & writing
Graphics & pictograms
Form & function
Ornaments & motifs
Imagination & doodling
Understanding light & shade
Elements & principles of design
Colour psychology & optical illusions
Good design vs. bad design
Mood, theme & colour inter-relationship
Outline for beginners
Usage of colour in compositions
Innovation & creation
Use of measurements, scale & proportions
Expression & emotion
Developing themes & colour associations
Foreshortening & perspective
Inspiration & creativity
Questions generally asked in an interview
Past studio test & interview questions
Importance of body language
Guidance on portfolio making
NID DAT 2020 will be conducted in first week of January by NID Ahmedabad. The entrance exam is conducted for a bachelor of design programme. All the candidates who will qualify the first stage of the test which is preliminary, they will be eligible to appear in the mains exam.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile