NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for prelims in online mode in third week of March. NID DAT result will be declared in the form of a merit list. Candidates can check NID DAT result 2020 by mentioning email address, date of birth and verification code.Candidates can request for rechecking of their results till fourth week of March 2020. The qualified candidates in the prelims will be eligible to appear for NID DAT mains which will be held in second week of May 2020. The authorities will release NID DAT 2020 Mains result for B.Des./GDPD in fourth week of May. Post announcement of final NID DAT result 2020, candidates can request for rechecking within a specific time.The authorities will follow certain procedure if two or more candidates score same marks after declaration of final result of NID DAT. Go through NID DAT result 2020 to get complete details on the same.
NID DAT Prelims 2020
First week of January 2020
Declaration of NID DAT Result 2020 (Prelims)
Third week of March 2020
NID DAT Result Rechecking
Fourth week of March 2020
NID DAT Mains (2020)
Second week of May 2020
Candidates can check NID DAT result in third week of March 2020. They can check their results by following the given step below:
Step 1 -Visit the official website of NID DAT (admissions.nid.edu)
Step 2 - Click on the result link of NID DAT 2020
Step 3 - Submit the login credentials, such as email address and date of birth
Step 4 - Enter the security code reflecting on the screen
Step 5 - NID DAT 2020 result will appear on the screen
Step 6- Download the result and take a printout of the same
NID DAT result 2020 will be in the form of a merit list
The merit list is not the same for candidates belonging to different categories
Result of NID DAT 2020 will also contain the scores
Note: Candidates will not be sent NID DAT score card via post. In case there will be two or more candidates with the same score, the tie-break policy will be used for awarding the rank.
Candidates can check the result of NID DAT by following the steps that are given below.
Step 1 - Visit the official website of NID DAT (admissions.nid.edu)
Step 2 - Enter your registered email address, date of birth, roll number/application number of NID DAT
Step 3 - Mention the verification code that will appear on the screen
Step 4 - The result of NID DAT 2020 will appear on the screen
Step 5 - Download the result of NID DAT 2020 and take a printout of the same
Weightage given to Prelims and Mains in NID DAT Exam
NID DAT Prelims
NID DAT Mains
Bachelor of Design
Candidates who would come across any discrepancy in NID DAT result 2020, that will get an option to request for rechecking for prelims till fourth week of March 2020. The authorities will notify the exact date for rechecking for DAT Mains post exam. Candidates will have to pay Rs. 2000 as a rechecking fee for both DAT Prelims and Mains paper each.
Based on the performance of candidates in all stages of exam, authorities will release the final merit list for the bachelor of design programme. It is to be noted that the mei list for different categories will vary. There will be a separate merit list prepared by the authorities for overseas candidates.
Inter-Se Merit List
If two or more candidates have the same rank, the following tie- breaking policy will be followed.
How to break a Tie?
(i) Higher rank will be awarded to the candidate who will get more marks in Stage I Design Aptitude Test Part B.
(ii) If still the tie persists, higher rank will be given to the candidate who will get more marks in Stage I Design Aptitude Test Part A.
(iii) If the tie still persists, both candidates will be assigned the same rank.
NID DAT 2020 cutoff is the minimum marks that candidates have to obtain to be eligible to apply for admission. The factors that are taken into account while determining the cutoff of NID DAT 2020 are:
Difficulty level of the entrance exam
Total number of seats available
Past years cutoff trends
Total number of candidates who have applied
Candidates can check the NID DAT cutoff for different categories in the table given below.
First NID DAT cutoff 2019
Programmes and category
Ph( Horizontal-All categories )
Total Number of seats
Cut off score (excLuding. PH)
Cut off score (excluding. PH)
Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
Second NID DAT 2019 cutoff
Programmes and category
SC Category (excluding PH)
ST Category (Excluding PH)
General (Excluding PH)
30% less than cutoff marks of General category
20% less than cutoff marks of General category
10% less than cutoff marks of General category
Bachelor of Design Specialization
Faculty of Communication Design
Animation Film Design
Film and Video Communication
Faculty of Industrial Design
Ceramic and Glass Design
Faculty of Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design
Solving past years’ question papers and also practicing sample papers gives you confidence to score well in the exam, then there is no need to join any coaching.
The result for prelims will be declared in third week of March in online mode.
Candidates have to visit the official website and then click on 'NID 2020 Result' link. Next, enter the roll no. and application number and click on ‘Submit.’ button. The result of NID DAT will appear on the screen.
NID aspirants have misconception that having drawing skills are enough to get through the entrance exam. Students, in fact, are evaluated on their problem-solving capabilities, intellect and creativity.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
NID DAT Exam Pattern 2020 - Candidates should be familiar with NID DAT 2020 exam pattern to score...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile