NID DAT Syllabus 2020 - Those who wish to appear for the design entrance exam, they should go through NID DAT 2020 syllabus for both prelims and mains. When going through the syllabus of NID DAT, aspirants will come to know about the topics from which questions will be asked in the entrance exam. NID DAT Prelims which is the first stage of the exam will be conducted in first week of January while Mains will be held in second week of May 2020. Having insight into the syllabus is important for candidates to prepare well for the exam. The institute offers a total of 100 seats on merit basis in Bachelor of Design across Industrial Design, Communication Design, and Textile, Apparel & Lifestyle Accessory Design faculty. Candidates can check the syllabus of NID DAT 2020 for both the stages (prelims and mains) can be checked in this article.
NID DAT Syllabus 2020- Prelims
Innovation in design
Principles of composition
Inspiration & design development
Natural & geometrical form
Exercises on imagination
Colour, pattern & texture
Creative thinking & writing
Graphics & pictograms
Form & function
Ornaments & motifs
Imagination & doodling
Understanding light & shade
Elements & principles of design
Colour psychology & optical illusions
Good design vs. bad design
Mood, theme & colour inter-relationship
Outline for beginners
Usage of colour in compositions
Innovation & creation
Use of measurements, scale & proportions
Expression & emotion
Developing themes & colour associations
Foreshortening & perspective
Inspiration & creativity
NID DAT Syllabus 2020- Mains
Questions generally asked in an interview
Past studio test & interview questions
Importance of body language
Guidance on portfolio making
National Institute of Design (NID) will release the exam pattern of NID DAT for both prelims and mains. Candidates who wish to take NID DAT 2020 Prelims are evaluated on their knowledge, comprehension, analysis, creativity and visualisation.
It comprises two parts:
Part 1: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) marked out of 30 marks
Part 2: Subjective questions marked out of 70 marks.
NID DAT Mains includes tests in different formats, such as drawing/sketching, hands-on model making, group discussions and presentations. To excel in the exam, candidates must practice the sample papers that will be released by NID
It is recommended that candidates should practise the sample papers released by NID to gain knowledge of the actual entrance exam.
Download NID DAT sample papers from here.
NID DAT Counselling 2020 - National Institute of Design will conduct NID DAT 2020 counselling in ...
How to Prepare For NID DAT 2020- Know all the preparation tips of NID DAT 2020 entrance exam, bes...
NID DAT Result 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will announce NID DAT 2020 result for pr...
NID DAT Cutoff 2020 -National Institute of Design will announce NID DAT 2020 cutoff of B.Des. Ca...
NID DAT 2020 - National Institute of Design (NID) will release the application form of NID DAT 20...
Every year a lot of students appear for the NID DAT examination and there are only a limited seats awaiting for them. In such situation it is necessary to choose the correct books, strategise well and ace the examination. Given below is a link which you can refer to prepare well.
Here is a list of various colleges that accept the scores of NID DAT for admission.
National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, Gujarat
National Institute of Design
Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat
MIT Institute of Design
World University of Design
G D Goenka University, School of Fashion and Design
Virtual Voyage College of Design, Media, Art and Management
Indore, Madhya Pradesh
National institute of design is situated in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar and Bangalore. The NID situated in Ahmedabad offers B.Des video and film communication except that there is no fashion communication course in NID.
To know about more courses in NID Ahmedabad check the link below:
Hope this helps.
here I am listing down few points please keep it in mind
1. The most common misconception among NID aspirants is that if you draw well, then you can crack NID, which is totally false. Though good sketching is essential, the questions are framed to judge a candidates creativity, imagination & visualization skills/ observation / general awareness etc. So, developing these skills are equally important.
2. Be Creative - Creativity is a mysterious trait. Many people have tried to define creativity in their own ways but there is no single universally accepted definition. It is difficult to summarise in a few lines but we can say that creativity is the ability to come up with new, original ideas which are not conventional. It is the breaking away from the stereotype, routine, accepted set of thoughts and possessing a deeper insight to problem solving. In short, a creative person experiences rebirth everyday with his or her ideas.
3. Understand that your drawing & creative skills are useless if you are not able to present your thoughts in the exam in the limited amount of time. You stand to lose marks for the questions you fail to answer or which are left incomplete, it doesn't matter how good you are at your work. So speed is equally important.
5. Don't practice in A3 size sketch books. Work in A4 size as that is normally the standard size of answer sheets in the examinations.
6. Don't mug up G.K. books but be more aware about what is happening around - Read the newspapers regularly. Increase your observation power. Try to find out about people who have genuinely contributed to the field of design, their innovative works etc. Read books / magazines & develop a genuine passion for your field.
7. Find your own deep and compelling reason to successfully clear NID. Motivate yourself. Work with enthusiasm & you will be amazed at your ideas & creations.
8. In questions requiring drawing, always draw with a light hand first, doing mainly the outlining without the details. When you are satisfied with the proportions & the rough outline, you may finalize. You will save a lot of time that students normally waste in erasing & re-drawing.
9. Practice more with dry mediums ( colours ), as they are convenient to use and take less time in exams.
10. Plan your time for school/college study & NID entrance preparation. Use your time effectively with a time table.
Hope you find it helpful
let me know in the comment box if you are having any further doubts
are some of the books you could buy online, . The previous years’ papers/model test papers are considered as the best study material for NID DAT preparation.you can also get the sample papers careers 360.
hope it helped.
Your NID DAT brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile