About CEED 2021
CEED 2021 - Indian Institute of Bombay conducts Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2021 for admission to masters in design programmes offered at IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, and IISc Bangalore as well as IIITDM Jabalpur. The CEED application form 2021 is available on the official website in online mode. IIT Bombay extended the deadline to fill CEED 2021 registration with late fees from November 15 to November 17. CEED admit card 2021 can be downloaded by providing the required credentials from January 1 onwards. Candidates can correct any discrepancies in the CEED admit card by reporting to the concerned official. The answer key will be released in online mode and objections can be raised if there are any discrepancies after which the final CEED answer key 2021 will be released. Candidates can check the CEED 2021 result by providing the required login details. Qualified candidates can download their CEED scorecard. CEED Scores are valid for one year from the date of declaration of the result.
CEED 2021 consists of two papers - Part A is a computer-based test on Aptitude and Maths while Part B being a paper-based test with questions on drawing. CEED 2021 will be held in 24 cities. CEED scores are also used by other institutes for admissions to their M.Des programmes. In CEED 2019, 5491 candidates appeared for the exam out of which only 1179 candidates qualified. In 2018, a total of 5,507 students appeared for the exam out of which 1,003 students qualified for admissions.
What is CEED 2021?
CEED is a national level exam conducted by IIT Bombay to offer admission to the design aspirants in various M.Des programmes. Through CEED 2021, students will be offered admission to the participating institutes and other result sharing institute. CEED 2021 will be held on January 17.
Also Read -
CEED 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Short Exam Name||CEED|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2600 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
CEED 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
08 Mar, 2021
Result | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
31 Jan, 2021
Answer Key - Final Answer Key | Mode: Online
21 Jan, 2021 - 24 Jan, 2021
Answer Key - Draft Answer Key | Mode: Online
17 Jan, 2021
Exam | Mode: Offline and Online
01 Jan, 2021
Admit Card | Mode: Online
11 Nov, 2020 - 17 Nov, 2020
Late Fee Application | Mode: Online
09 Sep, 2020 - 10 Nov, 2020
Application - Without late fees | Mode: Online
CEED eligibility criteria consists of parameters like age, nationality, academic qualifications etc. that are used to check if a candidate is suitable to pursue the programmes offered by the participating institutes. It must be noted that CEED 2021 eligibility criteria is only applicable for the entrance test. Admission criteria may slightly vary from institute to institute, hence, candidates are advised to check the same before applying to their respective institutes.
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2021
No age limit. Any candidate can appear for the exam irrespective of their age.
No of attempts
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Type of degree
Any recognized degree/ diploma/post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level) or 3 years after 10+2.
Final year students (by July 2021)
Candidates who are in the final year or are awaiting their result are also eligible provided they furnish proof of their eligibility at the time of admissions
GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level)
Candidates who have passed the programme by July 2021 are also eligible
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application procedure is in online where candidates have to register first, followed by entering of personal and academic details, uploading of documents and finally making the payment. A total of three exam centres in the order of the candidate's preference had to be entered during registration. The steps to fill the CEED application form 2021 are as follows:
Steps to fill CEED application
- Online registration
- Filling the form (personal and qualifying exam details)
- Verifying details and logging in
- Uploading the required documents
- Payment of fees
- Take printout
Registration fee payable:
- Rs. 1600 for all women candidates
- Rs. 1600 for (SC / ST / PwD) candidates
- Rs. 3200 for all other candidates
Documents to submit with CEED 2021 application form:
- Recent colour photograph (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of candidate's signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed. Candidates who do not have the final degree certificate must upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate.
- If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (.pdf file)
- Category certificates if applicable (.pdf file)
- PwD category students should produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file) issued by the appropriate authority
- Dyslexic candidates are required to additionally obtain a certificate from the Principal / Head of the College / Institution (.pdf file)
- PwD candidate requiring compensatory time during the exam need to upload a request letter as per Appendix 10 (.pdf file).
- Candidates whose name is not same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name (.pdf file).
|ST, SC, OBC, General||PWD||Online||Transgender, Female, Male||₹ 1300|
|ST, SC, OBC, General||Online||Female||₹ 1300|
|ST, SC||Online||Transgender, Male||₹ 1300|
|OBC, General||Online||Transgender, Male||₹ 2600|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
Visualization and spatial ability
Environmental and social awareness
Analytical and logical reasoning
Language and creativity
Design thinking and problem solving
Observation and design sensitivity
Problem identification skills
With minimum seats and maximum candidates appearing CEED, clearing the entrance test might be an arduous task. Students often get nervous as there is negative marking in the Part A of CEED. However, with proper preparation tips to crack CEED, candidates can easily tackle the entrance test. CEED 2021 preparation tips is listed below.
- Enhance your observing and visualization skills which will help you to identify the problem also the alternative of it.
- Solve CEED 2021 sample paper
- Work on your speed
- Improve your free sketching skill
- Read newspaper, magazine, study the work of your favourite designer
CEED 2021 exam pattern allows all aspirants to get a fair idea of the type of questions that may feature in the exam, marking scheme, language of the exam, mode and so on. It is pretty useful for candidates to have an understanding of the CEED exam pattern during preparation.
CEED 2021 consists of two parts where part A is a computer based test to evaluate candidates visualisation and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation and design sensitivity. Candidates who will qualify in part A will be eligible to move further to appear for part B which is a drawing test evaluating candidates on drawing, creativity, communication skills and analytical and problem solving skills
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern for Part A
Mode of exam
Type of questions
Multiple choice questions, multiple select
questions and numerical answer questions
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern for Part B
Mode of exam
Pen and paper. Questions will be displayed on the computer but answers are to be in a booklet provided by the authorities
Choice of questions
Candidates can choose one question from Q 1 to 5 while question number 6, 7 and 8 are mandatory
Number of questions
The CEED 2021 question paper structure can be seen as below
CEED Part A
Number of Questions
Marks if Correct
Marks if Wrong
Marks if not Attempted
1 — 8
9 — 18
19 — 41
1 — 41
CEED Part B
Number of Questions
1 — 5
Some important guidelines:
- All candidates are provided scribble pads for rough work to be done for Part A. These have to be returned at the end of the Part A exam.
- Colour pencils, crayons, sketch pens etc. may be used for Part B unless otherwise specified in the questions.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculators, cellular phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed to be carried into the exam hall.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay will provide the mock test for CEED 2021. CEED 2021 mock test will give candidates a clear idea on exam pattern, challenges likely to be faced, time duration, etc. Candidates have to click on sign in button to take CEED 2021 mock test.
CEED admit card 2021 is now available for download in the official website. Candidates have to log in to download the same. Aspirants must check the details for accuracy after downloading and carry a colour printout of the same to the exam hall along with specified valid Photo ID. Any discrepancy in the admit card can be corrected by contacting the CEED authorities and emailing them.
The steps to download the CEED card are as follows:
- Click on the link to download the admit card
- Enter the registered email ID and password.
- The admit card will be displayed and should be downloaded
- It should be checked for discrepancies including a blurred photo or signature which should be corrected by mailing IIT Bombay CEED office.
- A colour printout of the admit card must be taken to the exam hall.
Valid Photo IDs (anyone) that are allowed to be carried to the exam hall with the admit card are
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Identity Card issued by the institute last attended
CEED 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity proof (Passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, college issued identity card, or Aadhaar card)
CEED draft answer key 2021 will be announced in online mode. This draft answer key is open to students to challenge if any discrepancies found. The answer key has the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. It is to be noted that the CEED 2021 draft answer key is only for Part A of the exam for Aptitude and Mathematics whereas no answer key will be available for the drawing test. The final answer key will be released after gathering all the challenges from the candidates.
How to check CEED Answer Key?
- Click on the given link
- The PDF with the answer key will be displayed.
- Download and measure your answers with the ones given in the answer key.
- Calculate the probable score expected thereafter.
All candidates who appeared for the entrance test can check their CEED 2021 result in online mode. Only qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecards. The CEED scorecard will be valid only for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
To Check the CEED Result
- Click on the link to check the result
- Enter the registered email ID and password
- The result will be displayed.
- Qualified candidates can click on the download scorecard which will appear only if they have qualified.
- The scorecard must be kept safe until admissions are completed.
Some Details mentioned in the CEED Result:
- Name of Candidate
- Application/ Registration Number
- Marks obtained in the exam
- Qualifying status
How is the CEED score calculated?
Final CEED score = 25% weightage to Part A + 75% weightage to Part B .
CEED 2021 cutoff is usually specified for part A of the exam which is used to shortlist candidates for part B of the exam. The cutoff of CEED for the entire exam or part B is not released by the authorities.
Cutoff of CEED 2020
CEED Cutoff for Part A
Minimum percentage of marks
SC/ ST/ PwD
Guidelines for CEED Cutoff marks:
As mentioned, marks obtained in Part A will be used to shortlist candidates.
- Cut-off for Part A marks to shortlist candidates in the open category:
X + y Σ, where X is the average marks obtained by all candidates in Part A, Σ is the standard deviation, and y is a factor decided based on total number of seats.
- Cut-offs for OBC-NCL category will be 90% of the Open category
- Cutoffs for SC, ST, and PWD categoriy candidates will be 50% of the Open category.
CEED 2021 Counselling
CEED 2021 Counselling - There is no common counselling for admissions through CEED 2021. Instead students must apply separately to the institute of their choice from the given participating institutes on the basis of their CEED scores if they meet specific eligibility criteria of each.
CEED Participating Institutes are as follows:
Documents Required at Counselling
- CEED score card
- Qualifying exam certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Class 10 certificate or date of birth certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Class 12 certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will CEED 2021 be conducted?
CEED 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on January 17. Candidates must download the admit card of CEED 2021 and take the hard copy of the same to the exam centre.
Question: When will authorities release the answer key of CEED 2021?
IIT Bombay will released the CEED 2021 answer key on January 21 in online mode
Question: What is the expected date of result declaration?
Candidates will be able to check their CEED 2021 result on March 8. In order to check the result, candidates need to log in using their registered email ID and password.
Question: What is the validity period of CEED 2021 score?
CEED 2021 score will be valid for a period of one year. Candidates willing to take admission in design courses must give CEED 2021.
Question: Apart from IITs how many colleges will accept CEED 2021 scores?
CEED 2021 being a national level exam is of due importance. Along with the seven IITs, twelve more institutes are included in the list of top colleges accepting CEED scores.
Question: What is the prepartion tips of CEED 2021
The preparation tips of CEED 2021 are listed below
- Enhance the creativity skill
- Improve the speed
- Work on your drawing skill
- Enhance observation and visualisation skill
- Practice CEED sample paper
Question: What are the documents that must be carry to the CEED exam centres?
Candidates must carry the CEED 2021 admit cars along with a valid identity card to the exam centres.
Question: Question - What is the admission process of M.Des in IIT Bombay?
Answer - Through CEED scores, IIT Bombay offers admissions in various M.Des programmes. However, candidates must fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria before the admission. Candidates have to appear for an admission test followed by Interview at IDC, IIT Bombay to gain admission in the institute.
Question: When is the end date to fill CEED 2021 resgistration form
Candidates can fill CEED 2021 registration form till November 10 in online mode without late fees.
Question: When is the last date to fill CEED application form 2021 with late fees?
The last date to fill the application form of CEED with late fees is November 17.
Question: When will the authority release the admit card of CEED 2021?
IIT Bombay has issued the CEED admit card 2021 on January 1 in online mode.
Question: What is the steps to download the CEED 2021 admit card?
The steps to download the CEED admit card are given below.
1. Visit the official website
2. Click on the 'CEED Admit Card 2021' link
3. Enter the login credentials then click on the 'Submit' button
4. Download the admit card and take the print out of the same
Question: What are the Participating Institutes of CEED 2021?
The participating Institute of CEED 2021 are listed below.
1. Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing, IISc Bangalore
2. Industrial Design Centre, IIT Bombay
3. Department of Design, IIT Delhi
4. Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
6. Design Programme, IIT Kanpur
Questions related to CEED
Can bsc. math student apply for ceed?
Eligibility for CEED:
CEED 2021 eligibility criteria as stated by IIT Bombay mentions that aspirants should have completed their degree/ diploma / postgraduate degree programme of minimum three years after 10+2 level education or candidates should give the final examination of such a programme by July 2021.
So you are eligible for the examination.
I hope my answer helps. All the very best for your future endeavors!
is there any coaching institute for ceed exam, if available which oneis best ...please tell me
Below are some of the best CEED Coaching Institutes across India:
Arkin Institute Bannerghatta Main Road, Bangalore,
The Design Venue Koramangala 7th Block, Bangalore,
iMADE Creative Studio Nirman Vihar, Delhi
Precept Design Studio University Road, Ahmedabad
Trendz Academy Model Town, Delhi
Konsult Art and Design Academy Bellandur, Bangalore
Target Design Academy Masjid Moth, Delhi
Design Keeda Santacruz West, Mumbai
Academy of Fashion and Art- nift Pitampura, Delhi
The Design Venue Jayanagar 2nd Block, Bangalore
Can i get an M-arch seat in IIT or SPA colleges through CEED?
Hello sir, Actually I have a query that can I get admission to M.Arch. at IIT Bombay with CEED score? I am not able to find related information to M.Arch. with CEED score. Please, mail me the information to ' firstname.lastname@example.org '. Thank you sir in advance.
nift exam syllabus when will be exam
NIFT entrance test will be conducted to offer admission in the Bachelor of Design or Bachelor of Fashion Technology programs at 16 campuses of NIFT on February 14. The admit card of NIFT 2021 will be available on the official website to download for the eligible candidates only from February 1, 2021 onwards. Candidates can download the NIFT admit card 2021 by providing the required credentials. Aspiring students must carry the NIFT 2021 admit card or hall ticket along with a valid identity card to the exam centres. The hall ticket of NIFT 2021 will mention the information such as candidates names, roll number, exam centres, date of exam and timing etc.
For more information use the link
I am B.Sc Graduate. Can I eligible for CEED and NID for a PG programme?
Yes you are eligible for NID admission. The criteria for Bsc graduate states that you must have Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard. Condition: you must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations before June 2019.
CEED is a centre-based exam which will be conducted January 17, 2021. For applying in the entrance exam you must fulfill there criteria set.
Aspirants have to complete a 3 years degree/ diploma /postgraduate degree programme (after 10+2 level) or
Candidates who will appear in the final examination in 2021 of a 3 years degree/diploma/ postgraduate programme can apply for CEED.
For more details view the following site: