Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2020 will be conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay on January 18. UCEED is a computer-based test for admissions to the Bachelor of Design admissions. The application form for UCEED 2020 was available from October 9 to November 13, 2019 without late fee. Candidates can fill UCEED application form 2020 from November 16 to November 20 by paying late fee. Before filling the UCEED application form, candidates must check if they fulfil the eligibility criteria. The UCEED admit card will be released from January 1, 2020 while any corrections in the admit card can be done on January 5. Candidates can download it by using their login credentials. The mock test for UCEED will be released in third week of January 2020. UCEED aspirants can take the mock test to assess their preparation level. The provisional answer key will be released post exam on January 21, 2020. Students can raise objections till January 27, 2020. The UCEED result will be declared on March 13, 2020 and the score card can also be downloaded from the same date by candidates who have qualified in the exam.
UCEED is a national level exam and is conducted once a year. Duration of UCEED 2020 is three hours and the medium of the exam was English. Candidates who have qualified in UCEED 2020 can apply to 105 seats in IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IITDM Jabalpur campuses. UCEED 2020 counselling will be held in three rounds with applications for the same starting from June 8 to 30, 2020. Seat allotment for round 1 will be announced on July 4, for round 2 on July 11 and the third round on July 15. A total of 16 institutes will also use UCEED scores for admissions to their courses.
What' s new in UCEED 2020?
UCEED Cutoff 2020 – Candidates can check here the cutoff of UCEED 2020. Know previous y...
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 Jan, 2020
Admit Card | Mode: Online
01 Jan, 2020 - 05 Jan, 2020
Admit Card - Corrections in admit card | Mode: Online
18 Jan, 2020
Exam | Mode: Online
21 Jan, 2020
Answer Key - Provisional | Mode: Online
21 Jan, 2020 - 27 Jan, 2020
Challenge to answer key | Mode: Online
04 Feb, 2020
Answer Key - Final | Mode: Online
13 Mar, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
Score Card | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2020 - 30 Jun, 2020
Counselling | Mode: Online
04 Jul, 2020
Seat allotment round 1 - Start Date | Mode: Online
11 Jul, 2020
Seat allotment round 2 - Start Date | Mode: Online
15 Jul, 2020
Others - Start Date | Mode: Online
Past Dates and Events
16 Nov, 2019
Late Fee Application - Start Date | Mode: Online
09 Oct, 2019 - 15 Nov, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
20 Sep, 2019
Advertisement | Mode: Online
The eligibility criteria for appearing for UCEED 2020 exam are:
1. To be eligible for appearing UCEED 2020, candidates must be born on or before October 1, 1995, if they belong to open or OBC-NCL category, and if they belong to SC, ST, PWD category, then they must be born on or after October 1990.
2. The maximum number of attempt will be two times in consecutive years.
3. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination, that is class 12th or equivalent in 2019 or appearing in 2020. Students who have passed in 2018, or earlier are not eligible to apply. Further, students from all streams all eligible to apply for the exam.
The eligibility criteria for applying for B.Des after UCEED 2020 exam is as follows:
1. To be eligible for applying for B. Des programme, candidates must be born on or before October 1, 1995, if they belong to open or OBC-NCL category and if they belong to SC, ST, PWD category, then they must be born on or after October 1990.
2. Candidates must have obtained the qualified rank in the UCEED 2020 exam.
3. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination, that is class 12th or equivalent in 2019 or appearing in 2020. Further, students from all streams all eligible to apply for the exam.
4. Candidates from science stream with physics, chemistry and maths, as subjects are eligible to apply for admissions to IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur. Candidates from any other stream, that is science without physics, chemistry or maths, commerce, arts, humanities, are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, and IIITDM Jabalpur.
Download Free Sample Paper for UCEED
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
UCEED application form 2020 released by IIT Bombay on October 9, 2019. The end date for filling the form has been extended from November 13 to 15 , 2019 without late fee. Earlier, the deadline to fill the application form was November 9, 2019. If the candidates fail to fill the application form within the stipulated time, then in such a case, candidates can still register for UCEED 2020 by paying late fee of Rs 500 on November 20, 2019. Previously, the deadline to fill the application form by paying late fee was November 16, 2019
The application process for UCEED 2020 exam is as follows:
1. Candidates who want to appear for UCEED 2020 first need to register through the online portal link www.uceed.iitb.ac.in
2. The candidates are required to register by submitting their mobile number, name, email address, and date of birth.
3. After registration, candidates need to fill their personal and academic details in the application form along with three exam centres of their choice.
4. The following documents need to be uploaded while online registration for UCEED 2020
5. Candidates need to pay the fee through online mode that is through net banking, debit and credit card.
6. Candidates are required to submit the application form.
Following is the registration fee details
for UCEED 2020.
IIT Bombay has announced changes in the exam pattern of UCEED 2020. The new exam pattern of UCEED mentions that the following details:
It will be a drawing test for 60 marks to be completed in 30 minutes. Candidates will be asked one question aimed at testing drawing skills. The question will be displayed on the computer screen while candidates will have to answer or draw it on the paper provided. The answer booklet for Part B will be taken away at the end of the exam for evaluation.
UCEED 2020 Exam Pattern - Marking scheme
Number of Questions
Marks if Correct
Marks if Wrong
Marks if not Attempted
Section 1 - NAT
Section 2 - MSQ
Section 3 - MCQ
Total (Part-A and Part-B combined): 300 MARKS
UCEED 2020 mock test will be provided by IIT Bombay in third week of January 2020. UCEED mock test will enable candidates to know about the exam pattern and the challenges they may face in the actual test. Candidates will get to know how to answer the questions, how to review the answers which they will give to the questions by practicing the mock test of UCEED 2020. It is to be noted that candidates can take UCEED mock test 2020 only on computer and not on mobile phone and tablets. Candidates have to click on the 'Sign In' button to take the mock test, they do not have to use UCEED registration ID and password for the same.
UCEED Admit Card 2020- IIT Bombay will release UCEED 2020 admit card on January 1. UCEED admit card 2020 is an important document that students should not forget to carry with them to the examination hall. Before downloading the admit card, candidates must check all the information mentioned on the UCEED admit card 2020. If there is any mistake then they should bring it to the notice of the Chairman, JEE (Advanced)-UCEED-CEED 2020 at IIT Bombay immediately via email. In case candidates are unable to download the admit card, they should contact the authorities. Last date to rectify any mistakes is January 5, 2020.
How to download admit card of UCEED 2020?
Candidates have to follow the steps that are given below to download UCEED admit card 2020:
Information mentioned on UCEED Admit Card 2020
The following information will be mentioned on UCEED 2020 admit card:
IIT Bombay will release UCEED provisional answer key 2020 on January 21. In case candidates have any objection regarding the provisional UCEED answer key 2020, they can send an email by 27, January to [email protected]. The final answer key will be released on February 4, 2020. Candidates can compare their answer with the UCEED answer key 2020 and accordingly calculate their score. While calculating the score, candidates have to follow the same marking scheme prescribed by IIT Bombay.
UCEED Result 2020
IIT Bombay will release UCEED 2020 result on March 13. Along with the UCEED 2020 result, students who have qualified can download their score card which will also be released along with the result. The scorecard of UCEED 2020 will be available in the online mode.
Steps to check UCEED 2020 Result
UCEED Score Card 2020:
Candidates who have qualified in the entrance test can download the score card of UCEED 2020 from March 13 onwards. UCEED score will be vaild for one year from the date of the result declaration.
The steps to download the UCEED score card is the same as the result except the that score card can be downloaded for admission purposes by only candidates who have qualified and awarded a rank.
UCEED 2020 Rank list
The rank list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks (Part-A and Part-B combined) obtained in UCEED 2020.
There will be only ONE rank list. Candidates can however check their provisional category-wise rank from the results page.
In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal marks, tie breaker policy followed will be
Only candidates who score the qualifying cutoff marks in both Part-A and Part-B, each section of the question paper and the minimum total marks will be included in the rank list.
UCEED Cutoff 2020 - While the qualifying cutoff has been mentioned by IIT Bombay, the actual cutoff for seat allotment differs from institute to institute and category wise. Candidates can check the UCEED 2020 Qualifying Cutoff below as well as the past year cutoff marks to get an idea
UCEED qualifying cutoff 2020 is as follows:
Minimum % of marks in each Section in Part-A and Part-B
Minimum Total Marks
Common Rank List (CRL)
OBC-NCL rank list
SC rank list
ST rank list
PwD rank list
UCEED Cutoff 2019
Name of the Institute
No. of candidate
Second Round of UCEED Cutoff 2019
Mode of Counselling:
Candidates who will clear UCEED will have to register for UCEED 2020 counselling and seat allotment. Registration for UCEED 2020 counselling and seat allotment will start from June 8 to 30. The application processing fee for UCEED counselling and seat allotment 2020 is Rs 2,000. Students have to enter the personal, educational and contact details in the registration form and also fill the institutes according to their choice. At least three rounds of UCEED seat allotment will be held by Indian Institute of Technology. Once candidates accept the seat at the time of UCEED 2020 seat allotment, they will have to confirm their admission by paying the necessary fee.
Seat allotment will be announced in three rounds. Candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of UCEED scores and choice of institutes as entered by them. Provisional letters will be sent to selected students on their registered email IDs. Thereafter they must pay the seat acceptance fee of Rs. 60,000 (Rupees Sixty Thousand Only) for GEN/EWS/OBC-NCL and Rs. 15,000 (Rupees Fifteen Thousand Only) for SC/ST/PwD through an online payment system
Guidelines for UCEED 2020 seat allotment are:
UCEED 2020 Participating Institutes and Fee Structure:
Other institutes that accept UCEED 2020 Scores are as follows:
Here's the list:
Centre for Product Design & Manufacturing (CPDM), IISc Bangalore
Industrial Design Centre (IDC), IIT Bombay
Instrument Design Development Centre (IDD), IIT Delhi
Department of Design, IIT Guwahati
Department of Design, IIT Hyderabad
Design Programme, IIT Kanpur
Design Discipline, IIITDM Jabalpur
Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) University, Vellore
World University of Design (WUD)
Depends upon the category and Reservation quota. So, you have to be specific with the reservations category.
For ST the opening is 3.
For all the details you can have a look in our article:
Link for the article:
Last year closing rank for UCEED for obc student are as follows-
IIIT Jabalpur- 54
IIT Guwhati- 35
IIT Hyderabad- 37
Fore more detail refer this link
Hope it helps
Given below is a list of certificates and other documents that are to be uploaded at the time of online registration for UCEED 2020. The certificates must be in the Central Government format as given in the appendices below.
• A recent colour photograph of full frontal (face) view, with the head centred in the frame covering 70-80% of the photograph and taken within the last six months. The photograph should be such that it allows unambiguous identification of the candidate (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
• Scanned copy of candidate’s full signature on white paper (only JPEG image formats with file extension .jpg will be accepted).
• Qualifying examination certificate, if appeared in 2019 (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
• Candidates who will be appearing in 2020 for the board exam, a certificate from the school/college principal in the given format (Appendix 1) should be uploaded (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
• If the name is not same as in the Class XII certificate, gazette notification showing the change of name (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
CANDIDATES SEEKING ADMISSION UNDER THE EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST OR PWD CATEGORY
• EWS(Appendix -10), OBC-NCL (Appendix -2), Caste (for SC), tribe (for ST) (Appendix-3) or PwD certificate (Appendix 4-7) issued by a competent authority (only PDF formats with file extension .pdf will be accepted).
PWD CANDIDATES REQUIRING SCRIBE AND/OR COMPENSATORY TIME
• PwD candidates requiring scribe and or compensatory time (20 min/hr) during the exam need to upload a request letter as per appendix (8 & 9).
UCEED 2020 - IIT Bombay released UCEED 2020 important dates. Exam to be held on January...
UCEED Application Form 2020 - IIT Bombay released UCEED 2020 Application Form on Octob...
UCEED Counselling and Seat Allotment 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay...
UCEED Syllabus 2020 - Know all the details about the syllabus of UCEED such as the topi...
UCEED Admit Card 2020 – IIT Bombay will release UCEED hall ticket on January 1. Candida...
UCEED Important Dates 2020 -IIT, Bombay has announced UCEED 2020 important dates on Sep...
UCEED Answer Key 2020 - Know all the information about UCEED answer key 2020 such as th...
UCEED Exam Pattern 2020 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay released the exa...
UCEED Result 2020 - IIT Bombay will release UCEED 2020 result on March 13, 2020. Also c...
Your () brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
The Question containing Inaapropriate or Abusive Words
Question lacks the basic details making it difficult to answer
Topic Tagged to the Question are not relevant to Question
Question drives traffic to external sites for promotional or commercial purposes
The Question is not relevant to User
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile