About CEED 2020
CEED 2020 - Indian Institute of Bombay conducted Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2020 on January 18 for admission to masters in design programmes offered at IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, and IISc Bangalore as well as IIITDM Jabalpur. The CEED application form 2020 was available from October 9 to November 15, 2019, without late fee. Candidates could complete their CEED registration with a late fee of Rs 500 on November 20, 2019. Admit card could downloaded from December 27, 2019 till January 18. Candidates could correct any discrepancies in the CEED admit card till January 5. The answer key released on January 21 and objections can be raised till January 27 after which they will be considered and the final CEED answer key 2020 released on February 4. Candidates can check the CEED 2020 result on March 1. Qualified candidates can download their CEED score card from March 4. CEED Scores are valid for one year from the date of declaration of the result.
CEED 2020 consists of two papers - Part A being a computer-based test on Aptitude and Maths while Part B being a paper based test with questions on drawing. CEED 2020 will be held in 24 cities. CEED scores are also used by other institutes for admissions to their M.Des programmes. In CEED 2019, 5491 candidates appearing for the exam out of which only 1179 candidates qualified. In 2018, a total of 5,507 students appeared for the exam out of which 1,003 student qualified for admissions.
What's New in CEED 2020?
- Candidates who have obtained a degree or diploma of 3 years programme (after 10+2), can now appear for CEED 2020.
CEED 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Short Exam Name||CEED|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2600 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
CEED 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
01 Mar, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
04 Feb, 2020
Answer Key - Final | Mode: Online
21 Jan, 2020 - 27 Jan, 2020
Answer Key - Objections to answer key | Mode: Online
21 Jan, 2020
Answer Key - Provisional | Mode: Online
18 Jan, 2020
Exam | Mode: Offline and Online
27 Dec, 2019 - 05 Jan, 2020
Admit Card - Correction of discrepancies in admit card | Mode: Online
27 Dec, 2019
Admit Card | Mode: Online
16 Nov, 2019 - 20 Nov, 2019
Late Fee Application | Mode: Online
09 Oct, 2019 - 15 Nov, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
CEED eligibility criteria consists of parameters like age, nationality, academic qualifications etc. that are used to check if a candidate is suitable to pursue the programmes offered by the participating institutes. It must be noted that CEED 2020 eligibility criteria is only applicable for the entrance test. Admission criteria may slightly vary from institute to institute, hence, candidates are advised to check the same before applying to their respective institutes.
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2020
No age limit. Any candidate can appear for the exam irrespective of their age.
No of attempts
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Type of degree
Any recognized degree/ diploma/post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level) or 3 years after 10+2.
Final year students (by July 2020)
Candidates who are in the final year or are awaiting their result are also eligible provided they furnish proof of their eligibility at the time of admissions
GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level)
Candidates who have passed the programme by July 2020 are also eligible
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
IIT Bombay closed the registration process of CEED 2020 with the regular fee on November 15. However, those candidates who could not fill the form due to some reason they could do it on November 20 by paying late fee of Rs. 500. The application procedure was in online where candidates were to register first, followed by entering of personal and academic details, uploading of documents and finally making the payment. A total of three exam centres in the order of the candidate's preference had to be entered during registration. The steps to fill the CEED application form 2020 are as follows:
Steps to fill CEED application
- Online registration
- Filling the form (personal and qualifying exam details)
- Verifying details and logging in
- Uploading the required documents
- Payment of fees
- Take printout
Registration fee payable:
- Rs. 1,300 for all women candidates
- Rs. 1,300 for (SC / ST / PwD) candidates
- Rs. 2,600 for all other candidates
Documents to submit with CEED 2020 application form:
- Recent colour photograph (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of candidate's signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed. Candidates who do not have the final degree certificate must upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate.
- If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (.pdf file)
- Category certificates if applicable (.pdf file)
- PwD category students should produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file) issued by the appropriate authority
- Dyslexic candidates are required to additionally obtain a certificate from the Principal / Head of the College / Institution (.pdf file)
- PwD candidate requiring compensatory time during the exam need to upload a request letter as per Appendix 10 (.pdf file).
- Candidates whose name is not same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name (.pdf file).
|OBC, General||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 2600|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|ST, SC, OBC, General||PWD||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|ST, SC, OBC, General||Online||Female||₹ 1300|
CEED 2020 Syllabus
Visualization and spatial ability
Environmental and social awareness
Analytical and logical reasoning
Language and creativity
Design thinking and problem solving
Observation and design sensitivity
Problem identification skills
CEED 2020 exam pattern allows all aspirants to get a fair idea of the type of questions that may feature in the exam, marking scheme, language of the exam, mode and so on. It is pretty useful for candidates to have an understanding of the CEED exam pattern during preparation.
CEED 2020 consists of two parts where part A is a computer based test to evaluate candidates visualisation and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation and design sensitivity. Candidates who will qualify in part A will be eligible to move further to appear for part B which is a drawing test evaluating candidates on drawing, creativity, communication skills and analytical and problem solving skills
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern for Part A
Mode of exam
Computer based test
Type of questions
Multiple choice questions, multiple select
questions and numerical answer questions
CEED 2020 Exam Pattern for Part B
Mode of exam
Pen and paper. Questions will be displayed on the computer but answers are to be in a booklet provided by the authorities
Choice of questions
Candidates can choose one question from Q 1 to 5 while question number 6, 7 and 8 are mandatory
Number of questions
The CEED 2020 question paper structure can be seen as below
CEED Part A
Number of Questions
Marks if Correct
Marks if Wrong
Marks if not Attempted
1 — 8
9 — 18
19 — 41
1 — 41
CEED Part B
Number of Questions
1 — 5
Some important guidelines:
- All candidates are provided scribble pads for rough work to be done for Part A. These have to be returned at the end of the Part A exam.
- Colour pencils, crayons, sketch pens etc. may be used for Part B unless otherwise specified in the questions.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculators, cellular phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed to be carried into the exam hall.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay provided the mock test for CEED 2020. The exam was conducted on January 18, 2020. Candidates could check the mock test. CEED 2020 mock test gave candidates a clear idea on exam pattern, challenges likely to be faced, time duration, etc. Candidates had to click on sign in button to take CEED 2020 mock test.
CEED admit card 2020 was available for download from December 27, 2019 onwards. Candidates had to login to download the same. They must check the details for accuracy after downloading and carry a colour printout of the same to the exam hall along with specified valid Photo ID. Any discrepancy in the admit card could be corrected by January 5, 2020 by contacting the CEED authorities and emailing them.
The steps to download the CEED card are as follows:
- Click on the link to download the admit card
- Enter the registered email ID and password.
- The admit card will be displayed and should be downloaded
- It should be checked for discrepancies including a blurred photo or signature which should be corrected by mailing IIT Bombay CEED office.
- A colour printout of the admit card must be taken to the exam hall.
Valid Photo IDs (any one) that are allowed to be carried to the exam hall with the admit card are
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Identity Card issued by the institute last attended
CEED 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity proof (Passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, college issued identity card, or Aadhaar card)
The final answer key for CEED 2020 released on February 4 after considering all challenges. CEED draft answer key 2020 was announced on January 21. This draft answer key was open to students to challenge till January 27, 2020. The answer key has the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. It is to be noted that the CEED 2020 answer key is only for Part A of the exam for Aptitude and Mathematics whereas no answer key will be available for the drawing test.
How to check CEED Answer Key?
- Click on the given link
- The PDF with the answer key will be displayed.
- Download and measure your answers with the ones given in the answer key.
- Calculate the probable score expected thereafter.
All candidates who appeared for the entrance test can check their CEED 2020 result on March 1, after it is announced by IIT Bombay. Only qualified candidates will be able to download their score cards which will be announced on March 4. The CEED score card will be valid only for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
To Check the CEED Result
- Click on the link to check the result
- Enter the registered email ID and password
- The result will be displayed.
- Qualified candidates can click on the download score card which will appear only if they have qualified.
- The scorecard must be kept safe till admissions are completed.
Some Details mentioned in the CEED Result:
- Name of Candidate
- Application/ Registration Number
- Marks obtained in the exam
- Qualifying status
How is the CEED score calculated?
Final CEED score = 25% weightage to Part A + 75% weightage to Part B .
CEED 2020 cutoff is usually specified for part A of the exam which is used to shortlist candidates for part B of the exam. The cutoff of CEED for the entire exam or part B is not released by the authorities. The category-wise minimum percent of marks needed to qualify in CEED 2020 part A is given below
Cutoff of CEED 2020
CEED Cutoff for Part A
Minimum percentage of marks
SC/ ST/ PwD
Guidelines for CEED Cutoff marks:
As mentioned, marks obtained in Part A will be used to shortlist candidates.
- Cut-off for Part A marks to shortlist candidates in the open category:
X + y Σ, where X is the average marks obtained by all candidates in Part A, Σ is the standard deviation, and y is a factor decided based on total number of seats.
- Cut-offs for OBC-NCL category will be 90% of the Open category
- Cutoffs for SC, ST, and PWD categoriy candidates will be 50% of the Open category.
CEED 2020 Counselling
CEED 2020 Counselling - There is no common counselling for admissions through CEED 2020. Instead students must apply separately to the institute of their choice from the given participating institutes on the basis of their CEED scores if they meet specific eligibility criteria of each.
CEED Participating Institutes are as follows:
Documents Required at Counselling
- CEED score card
- Qualifying exam certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Class 10 certificate or date of birth certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Class 12 certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will CEED 2020 be conducted?
CEED 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on January 18. Candidates must download the admit card of CEED 2020 and take the hard copy of the same to the exam centre.
Question: When will authorities release the answer key of CEED 2020?
As per the important dates, candidates will be able to check draft answer key of CEED 2020 on January 21. However, the final answer key will be available on February 4.
Question: What is the expected date of result declaration?
Candidates will be able to check their CEED 2020 result on March 4. In order to check the result, candidates need to login using their registered email ID and password.
Question: What is the validity period of CEED 2020 score?
CEED 2020 score will be valid for a period of one year. Candidates willing to take admission in design courses must give CEED 2020.
Question: Apart from IITs how many colleges will accept CEED 2020 scores?
CEED 2020 being a national level exam is of due importance. As per the notification released, along with the seven IITs, nine more institutes are included in the list of top colleges accepting CEED scores.
Questions related to CEED
Hello, Now I am pursuing my last year of B.Tech engineering so there is a gap of 2 years in my education so can I apply for the NID or CEED exam for M.Des? please give me a brief idea.
The eligibility criteria for CEED 2021 for admission to M.Des is as follows
- There is no age limit
- Candidate must have passed 3 year diploma or bachelor's degree or postgraduate degree after 10+2 or must be appearing in the final exam of the above mentioned course in 2021.
The eligibility criteria for NID M.Des 2021 is as follows
- Candidate must have passed 4 year bachelor's degree in any discipline or must have passed 3 year bachelor's degree in any discipline or 4 year diploma diploma in design/architecture/fine arts/applied arts after 10+2
- Candidate belonging to general category must not be more than 30 years as on June 30, 2021. Only those aspirants can apply who were born on or after July 1, 1991.
- For candidates belonging to reserved categories the upper age limit is 33 years as on June 30, 2021.
You are not eligible for CEED as you do not have 3 year bachelor's degree. You are eligible for NID M.Des if you fulfill the age eligibility criteria.
which is the best college for the Digital Game Design field, when I will clear the CEED exam?
Some of the colleges for Game design courses have been stated below:
Academy of Animation and Gaming - Noida
Asian Institute of Gaming & Animation, Bangalore
DSK SupinfoGame International Campus Pune
Global School of Animation & Games - New Delhi, Delhi
ICAT Design & Media College
Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Mumbai
Meteor Institute of Digital Design Studies, Mumbai
PAI International Learning Solutions, Pune
Zee Institute of Creative Art
what would be the area of knowldege or skill would be asked in interview and test i mean as a general so as to prepare for it especifically.
Can you help us in understanding if there is any particular entrance exam or Personal Interview that you are attending? Most questions depend on this and so if you can help us with this information, we can help you further.
I have open CEED rank of 130. Can i get into any IIT? My score is 51.5
Hello Aspirant ,
As your common entrance examination design score is 51.5 and you scored good marks congratulations for that and you pursued good rank 130 its a good rank you have chances to get seat in the IITs for phd and mds and you can get seat in top IITs like
Are some of the IITs you may have chance to get in it and you if have any resevations it is more beneficial to get seat in the top most IITs and this course is useful and if you get seat in the IITs you get placements in good companies and you may get jobs with more packages about 10 lakhs hope for the best to get seat in the IITs ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you.
Thank you !!
ST rank 19 CEED. Will it be possible to get a seat in Mdes IIT Delhi?
Ceed means common entrance exam for designing as it is the entrance exam conducted for getting seat in the good colleges or universities like IITs for the mdes and phd courses and you scored rank 19 in the st category congratulations you have chances to get seat in the IITs and you have more chance to get seat in the top most IITs like
Are the top most IITs and you can get seat in the above mentioned IITs and i compared your rank with the last year cutoff marks being st category it became more beneficial to you to get seat in the top most IITs and mdes is a good course and we can prefer this course we can get high package salaries in IITs and ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you .
Thank you !!