About CEED 2021
CEED 2021 - Indian Institute of Bombay conducts Common Entrance Exam for Design (CEED) 2021 for admission to masters in design programmes offered at IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kanpur, and IISc Bangalore as well as IIITDM Jabalpur. The CEED application form 2021 is available on the official website in online mode. Admit card can be downloaded by providing the required credentials. Candidates can correct any discrepancies in the CEED admit card by reporting to the concerned official. The answer key will be released in online mode and objections can be raised if there are any discrepancies after which the final CEED answer key 2021 will be released. Candidates can check the CEED 2020 result by providing the required login details. Qualified candidates can download their CEED scorecard. CEED Scores are valid for one year from the date of declaration of the result.
CEED 2021 consists of two papers - Part A is a computer-based test on Aptitude and Maths while Part B being a paper-based test with questions on drawing. CEED 2021 will be held in 24 cities. CEED scores are also used by other institutes for admissions to their M.Des programmes. In CEED 2019, 5491 candidates appearing for the exam out of which only 1179 candidates qualified. In 2018, a total of 5,507 students appeared for the exam out of which 1,003 students qualified for admissions.
Quick links - 10 do's and don'ts of CEED 2021
CEED 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Short Exam Name||CEED|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||2600 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
CEED 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
09 Oct, 2020 - 10 Oct, 2020 (Tentative)
Application - Without late fees | Mode: Online
11 Oct, 2020 - 17 Oct, 2020
Application - With late fees | Mode: Online
01 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)
Admit Card | Mode: Online
17 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)
Exam | Mode: Offline and Online
21 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)
Answer Key - Draft Answer Key | Mode: Online
31 Jan, 2021 (Tentative)
Answer Key - Final Answer Key | Mode: Online
08 Mar, 2021 (Tentative)
Result | Mode: Online
CEED eligibility criteria consists of parameters like age, nationality, academic qualifications etc. that are used to check if a candidate is suitable to pursue the programmes offered by the participating institutes. It must be noted that CEED 2021 eligibility criteria is only applicable for the entrance test. Admission criteria may slightly vary from institute to institute, hence, candidates are advised to check the same before applying to their respective institutes.
CEED Eligibility Criteria 2021
No age limit. Any candidate can appear for the exam irrespective of their age.
No of attempts
There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
Type of degree
Any recognized degree/ diploma/post graduate degree programme of 4 years or 3+2 years (after 10+2 level) or 3 years after 10+2.
Final year students (by July 2021)
Candidates who are in the final year or are awaiting their result are also eligible provided they furnish proof of their eligibility at the time of admissions
GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level)
Candidates who have passed the programme by July 2021 are also eligible
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
The application procedure is in online where candidates have to register first, followed by entering of personal and academic details, uploading of documents and finally making the payment. A total of three exam centres in the order of the candidate's preference had to be entered during registration. The steps to fill the CEED application form 2021 are as follows:
Steps to fill CEED application
- Online registration
- Filling the form (personal and qualifying exam details)
- Verifying details and logging in
- Uploading the required documents
- Payment of fees
- Take printout
Registration fee payable:
- Rs. 1600 for all women candidates
- Rs. 1600 for (SC / ST / PwD) candidates
- Rs. 3200 for all other candidates
Documents to submit with CEED 2021 application form:
- Recent colour photograph (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of candidate's signature (.jpg file)
- Scanned copy of degree/diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed. Candidates who do not have the final degree certificate must upload the copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate.
- If the course is not completed, a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department (.pdf file)
- Category certificates if applicable (.pdf file)
- PwD category students should produce a valid medical certificate (.pdf file) issued by the appropriate authority
- Dyslexic candidates are required to additionally obtain a certificate from the Principal / Head of the College / Institution (.pdf file)
- PwD candidate requiring compensatory time during the exam need to upload a request letter as per Appendix 10 (.pdf file).
- Candidates whose name is not same as the name on the degree/diploma certificate should produce a gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport showing the change of name (.pdf file).
|General, OBC, ST, SC||PWD||Online||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|General, OBC, ST, SC||Online||Female||₹ 1300|
|ST, SC||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 1300|
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Transgender||₹ 2600|
CEED 2021 Syllabus
Visualization and spatial ability
Environmental and social awareness
Analytical and logical reasoning
Language and creativity
Design thinking and problem solving
Observation and design sensitivity
Problem identification skills
CEED 2021 exam pattern allows all aspirants to get a fair idea of the type of questions that may feature in the exam, marking scheme, language of the exam, mode and so on. It is pretty useful for candidates to have an understanding of the CEED exam pattern during preparation.
CEED 2021 consists of two parts where part A is a computer based test to evaluate candidates visualisation and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, analytical and logical reasoning, language and creativity, observation and design sensitivity. Candidates who will qualify in part A will be eligible to move further to appear for part B which is a drawing test evaluating candidates on drawing, creativity, communication skills and analytical and problem solving skills
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern for Part A
Mode of exam
Type of questions
Multiple choice questions, multiple select
questions and numerical answer questions
CEED 2021 Exam Pattern for Part B
Mode of exam
Pen and paper. Questions will be displayed on the computer but answers are to be in a booklet provided by the authorities
Choice of questions
Candidates can choose one question from Q 1 to 5 while question number 6, 7 and 8 are mandatory
Number of questions
The CEED 2021 question paper structure can be seen as below
CEED Part A
Number of Questions
Marks if Correct
Marks if Wrong
Marks if not Attempted
1 — 8
9 — 18
19 — 41
1 — 41
CEED Part B
Number of Questions
1 — 5
Some important guidelines:
- All candidates are provided scribble pads for rough work to be done for Part A. These have to be returned at the end of the Part A exam.
- Colour pencils, crayons, sketch pens etc. may be used for Part B unless otherwise specified in the questions.
- Charts, graph sheets, tables, calculators, cellular phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed to be carried into the exam hall.
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay will provide the mock test for CEED 2021. CEED 2021 mock test will give candidates a clear idea on exam pattern, challenges likely to be faced, time duration, etc. Candidates have to click on sign in button to take CEED 2021 mock test.
CEED admit card 2021 will be available for download in the official website. Candidates have to log in to download the same. Aspirants must check the details for accuracy after downloading and carry a colour printout of the same to the exam hall along with specified valid Photo ID. Any discrepancy in the admit card can be corrected by contacting the CEED authorities and emailing them.
The steps to download the CEED card are as follows:
- Click on the link to download the admit card
- Enter the registered email ID and password.
- The admit card will be displayed and should be downloaded
- It should be checked for discrepancies including a blurred photo or signature which should be corrected by mailing IIT Bombay CEED office.
- A colour printout of the admit card must be taken to the exam hall.
Valid Photo IDs (anyone) that are allowed to be carried to the exam hall with the admit card are
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
- Aadhaar Card
- Driving Licence
- Identity Card issued by the institute last attended
CEED 2021 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- Valid photo identity proof (Passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, college issued identity card, or Aadhaar card)
CEED draft answer key 2021 will be announced in online mode. This draft answer key is open to students to challenge if any discrepancies found. The answer key has the correct answers to the questions asked in the exam. It is to be noted that the CEED 2021 draft answer key is only for Part A of the exam for Aptitude and Mathematics whereas no answer key will be available for the drawing test. The final answer key will be released after gathering all the challenges from the candidates.
How to check CEED Answer Key?
- Click on the given link
- The PDF with the answer key will be displayed.
- Download and measure your answers with the ones given in the answer key.
- Calculate the probable score expected thereafter.
All candidates who appeared for the entrance test can check their CEED 2021 result in online mode. Only qualified candidates will be able to download their scorecards. The CEED scorecard will be valid only for a period of one year from the date of declaration of the result.
To Check the CEED Result
- Click on the link to check the result
- Enter the registered email ID and password
- The result will be displayed.
- Qualified candidates can click on the download scorecard which will appear only if they have qualified.
- The scorecard must be kept safe until admissions are completed.
Some Details mentioned in the CEED Result:
- Name of Candidate
- Application/ Registration Number
- Marks obtained in the exam
- Qualifying status
How is the CEED score calculated?
Final CEED score = 25% weightage to Part A + 75% weightage to Part B .
CEED 2021 cutoff is usually specified for part A of the exam which is used to shortlist candidates for part B of the exam. The cutoff of CEED for the entire exam or part B is not released by the authorities.
Cutoff of CEED 2020
CEED Cutoff for Part A
Minimum percentage of marks
SC/ ST/ PwD
Guidelines for CEED Cutoff marks:
As mentioned, marks obtained in Part A will be used to shortlist candidates.
- Cut-off for Part A marks to shortlist candidates in the open category:
X + y Σ, where X is the average marks obtained by all candidates in Part A, Σ is the standard deviation, and y is a factor decided based on total number of seats.
- Cut-offs for OBC-NCL category will be 90% of the Open category
- Cutoffs for SC, ST, and PWD categoriy candidates will be 50% of the Open category.
CEED 2021 Counselling
CEED 2021 Counselling - There is no common counselling for admissions through CEED 2021. Instead students must apply separately to the institute of their choice from the given participating institutes on the basis of their CEED scores if they meet specific eligibility criteria of each.
CEED Participating Institutes are as follows:
Documents Required at Counselling
- CEED score card
- Qualifying exam certificate
- Valid photo ID
- Class 10 certificate or date of birth certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Class 12 certificate
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will CEED 2021 be conducted?
CEED 2021 is scheduled to be conducted on January 17. Candidates must download the admit card of CEED 2021 and take the hard copy of the same to the exam centre.
Question: When will authorities release the answer key of CEED 2021?
IIT Bombay will tentatively conduct the CEED 2021 around January 21, 2021
Question: What is the expected date of result declaration?
Candidates will be able to check their CEED 2021 on March 8. In order to check the result, candidates need to log in using their registered email ID and password.
Question: What is the validity period of CEED 2021 score?
CEED 2021 score will be valid for a period of one year. Candidates willing to take admission in design courses must give CEED 2021.
Question: Apart from IITs how many colleges will accept CEED 2021 scores?
CEED 2021 being a national level exam is of due importance. Along with the seven IITs, twelve more institutes are included in the list of top colleges accepting CEED scores.
Question: What is the prepartion tips of CEED 2021
The preparation tips of CEED 2021 are listed below
- Enhance the creativity skill
- Improve the speed
- Work on your drawing skill
- Enhance observation and visualisation skill
- Practice CEED sample paper
Question: What are the documents that must be carry to the CEED exam centres?
Candidates must carry the CEED 2021 admit cars along with a valid identity card.
Questions related to CEED
Hi, Im in my 4th year BE Mechanical engineering right now. I dont have semester 2 marksheet, I have other 5 marksheets as I completed 6 semesters. Will I be ineligible for my absence of semester 2 marksheet? Corona made dupl. mrksheet difficult. Do we need to upload/submit all marksheets??
It is really difficult to say for sure since you have not mentioned the purpose for which you need your marksheets. If you really need it then try reaching to the administration departemnet of your college (they usually have the copy of the marksheet of all the candidates). All the best!
Hello, I did diploma after 10th, then I did my B-tech. I have not done the +2, Do I eligible for CEED and NID exams.
see the eligibility criteria for ceed (common entrance exam for design) exam is Candidates must have completed a degree / diploma / post graduate degree programme of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level), or must be appearing for the final examination of such a program by July 2020, or must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) by July 2020. however the eligibility criteria may differ institute wise which participate in the counselling process for admission. so you must check the individual institute wise eligibility criteria for m.des course.
institute participating in ceed exam.
Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing
IIT Bombay Logo IIT Bombay
IDC School of Design (Industrial Design Centre)
IIT Delhi Logo IIT Delhi
Department of Design
IIT Guwahati Logo IIT Guwahati
Department of Design
IIT Hyderabad Logo IIT Hyderabad
Department of Design
IIT Kanpur Logo IIT Kanpur
IIITDM Jabalpur Logo IIITDM Jabalpur
now coming to the NID exam as per 2020 notifications,
the eligibility criteria is as follows,
Bachelor degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard from any university or institute recognised by law in India. Condition: Applicant must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in April/May 2020*.
Bachelor degree of minimum 3-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard. Condition: Applicants must have passed the Bachelor degree examinations before June 2019.
Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/Fine Arts/Applied Arts/ Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard, from any university or institute recognised by law in India. Condition: Applicants must have passed the Diploma examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in April/May 2020*.
Hello I am pursing last year B.A. Graphic Design (3 year) degree. I want to give NID dat and CEED exam. Is there I am eligible for this tests?
i hope you are doing well
the basic eligibility for the NID DAT is candidate must have passed or appearing for their 10+2 from any recognized board with any stream like science , humanities or commerce, candidate holding diploma of three years are also eligible
for more information about NIT DAT you can refer to the link mentioned below
the basic eligibility to appear for CEED exam is candidate must hold a bachelors degree of 3 years in any relevant discipline of any recognized university . and candidate are required to clear the GD arts diploma programme (10+5) by july 2021.
for more information you can refer to the link mentioned below
Hello, Now I am pursuing my last year of B.Tech engineering so there is a gap of 2 years in my education so can I apply for the NID or CEED exam for M.Des? please give me a brief idea.
The eligibility criteria for CEED 2021 for admission to M.Des is as follows
- There is no age limit
- Candidate must have passed 3 year diploma or bachelor's degree or postgraduate degree after 10+2 or must be appearing in the final exam of the above mentioned course in 2021.
The eligibility criteria for NID M.Des 2021 is as follows
- Candidate must have passed 4 year bachelor's degree in any discipline or must have passed 3 year bachelor's degree in any discipline or 4 year diploma diploma in design/architecture/fine arts/applied arts after 10+2
- Candidate belonging to general category must not be more than 30 years as on June 30, 2021. Only those aspirants can apply who were born on or after July 1, 1991.
- For candidates belonging to reserved categories the upper age limit is 33 years as on June 30, 2021.
You are not eligible for CEED as you do not have 3 year bachelor's degree. You are eligible for NID M.Des if you fulfill the age eligibility criteria.
which is the best college for the Digital Game Design field, when I will clear the CEED exam?
Some of the colleges for Game design courses have been stated below:
Academy of Animation and Gaming - Noida
Asian Institute of Gaming & Animation, Bangalore
DSK SupinfoGame International Campus Pune
Global School of Animation & Games - New Delhi, Delhi
ICAT Design & Media College
Maya Academy of Advanced Cinematics (MAAC), Mumbai
Meteor Institute of Digital Design Studies, Mumbai
PAI International Learning Solutions, Pune
Zee Institute of Creative Art