About NIFT Entrance Exam 2019
National Institute of Fashion Technology conducted NIFT entrance exam 2019 on January 20 for admissions to Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Fashion Technology programmes across 16 NIFT campuses located in Gandhinagar, Bhopal, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Raebareli, Shillong, Chennai, Bhubaneshwar, Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Patna, Srinagar, Bengaluru and New Delhi. The application procedure is online and the form was available from October 22. The admit card could be downloaded from January 10. Candidates should note that the exam consists of creative ability test (CAT) for both B.Des and B.FTech while the general ability test (GAT) is only for B.Des. Qualifying candidates for B.Des have to further face a situation test before selection.
NIFT also offers Masters in Design and Fashion Technology. The exam structure for these courses are also similar to the ones offered at the undergraduate level.
Around 23,000 aspirants take the NIFT entrance exam for admissions to the undergraduate programmes - B.Des and B.FTech across the 16 NIFT campuses.
|Frequency:||Once a year|
|Conducting Body:||National Institute of Fashion Technology|
Download all details about NIFT Entrance Exam 2019Download Brochure
NIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Important Dates
Candidates can check complete details about eligibility criteria of NIFT entrance exam 2019 below:
Applicants are required to be of 23 years as on October 1. However, NIFT will provide an age relaxation of five years for the candidates, who belong to the reserved categories.
Applicants must satisfy any one of the following criteria:
For B.Des. and B.FTech. admissions, applicants must have cleared class 12 from a recognised central or state board of secondary exam (CBSE/State Board New Delhi/Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi. Additionally, B.FTech. candidates must have Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics.
Passed class 12 examination from any public university, school or board from India or any foreign country that is recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). B.FTech. applicants must have Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
Passed in the Senior Secondary School Exam that is conducted by National Open School having a minimum of five subjects. For B.FTech. Applicants, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics are mandatory.
General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level/International Baccalaureate (IB)
Diploma of three or four years recognised by a State Board of Technical Education or AICTE. B.FTech. applicants should have an engineering diploma (any branch).
Important information regarding NIFT eligibility criteria 2019
- Students, who will appear in the final year of qualifying examination, can also take NIFT 2019.
- If the result of class 12/final semester/final year is still unannounced by the respective university/board till the NIFT admission procedure, then such a candidate will be given provisional admission subject to these conditions:
The final result of the qualifying result should be presented before September 30, 2019.
Affidavit (duly signed) of Rs.10 on non-judicial stamp paper
- Those students will be considered for provisional admission only who will appear for the compartment exam of class 12. It is mandatory to pass the exam under the same board.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
|ST, SC||PWD||Offline||Transgender||₹ 1000|
|OBC, General||Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 2000|
Interested and eligible candidates will be able to fill and submit the application form of NIFT 2019 from October 22 till December 28. The prescribed application fee could be paid via online gateway or Demand Draft (DD).
Applicants should follow these steps to apply:
- New candidates are required to create login ID.
- Those, who have already logged in, should complete the procedure by filling the online application form of NIFT 2019.
- The status of the application should be checked after submitting the form.
Note- A printout or photocopy of the online application and payment proof should be kept safe by the applicants for future reference.
Important information regarding NIFT application form 2019
- Candidates have to log in by entering their registered email ID and date of birth.
- Verification code should also be entered before clicking on the ‘Submit’ button.
- Details including exam centre, parents’ information, academic particulars and contact information have to be filled carefully.
- ‘Save’ button should be clicked after cross verification of all the details.
Specifications of photograph and signature
Applicants will have to upload their photo and signature as per the following specifications:
- written tests, Creative Ability Test (CAT) and General Ability Test (GAT),Size- Not be more than 50 KB
- Format- jpg or .jpeg
NIFT Entrance Exam E-books and Sample Papers
NIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Pattern
NIFT B.Des GAT 2019 Exam Pattern is given below for the understanding of the aspirants writing the entrance test. The number of question, language of exam, mode, marking scheme and such factors described in the exam pattern of NIFT B.Des GAT 2019 can be checked below in the table. The exam pattern for the M.Des programme is also given for the post graduate aspirants.
NIFT B.Des GAT Exam Pattern
Duration of exam
No. of Questions
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Total number of questions
NIFT Entrance Exam B.F.Tech
The exam pattern of NIFT entrance exam 2019 for the Creative Ability Test namely CAT is not clearly specified by the authorities. The total number of questions and the marking scheme is not clearly specified by the authorities.
Candidates must focus on concept development and design as questions will be designed to test them in these areas. They must be creative and make innovative use of their colour and illustration skills.
Generally three questions are asked for a total of 30 marks and candidates are tested accordingly.
NIFT Entrance Exam M.Des
NIFT 2019 Situation Test will be conducted for the shortlisted candidates of CAT and GAT for B.Des admissions. This will be held separately for those who have qualified. The situation test is a hands-on test used to evaluate the candidate’s skills for material handling as well as the innovative ability in a given situation with a given set of materials.
The Exam Pattern of the Situation Test can be summarised as follows:
- Duration: two hours
- Test involves: Design of one three dimensional (3D) model.
Note: Candidates will be provided with all the required design materials which should be checked by them upon receipt.
- Candidates will be permitted to bring some items as instructed in the admit card
- They must make optimum usage of the same. Additional materials will not be provided.
- Colour pencils and marker pens are not allowed.
- An Answer Sheet will be provided separately for any writing purposes which has to be signed by the candidates in the exam hall.
- After completion of the test, the model, answer sheet and any left over materials must be left by the candidates on the table.
Evaluation Criteria for the NIFT Situation Test 2019 are as follows:
- Originality of the concept applied.
- Creative use of material and the skills for the same.
- Neatness of the final model.
- The write-up describing the model and concepts used.
NIFT Entrance Exam M.F.Tech
NIFT B.FTech exam pattern gives candidates all the information about the type of questions, duration of exam, language, sections asked and more. This will aid candidates in better preparation for the exam and planning of the exam day.
NIFT B.FTech Exam Pattern 2019
Duration of test
Mode of exam
Communication Ability & English
Analytical & Logical Ability
General Knowledge and Current
Total number of questions
The admit card of NIFT 2019 was available in online mode from January 10 onwards. Only those candidates could download the NIFT 2019 admit card who have submitted their application form correctly before the last date.
How to download NIFT admit card 2019
1. The admit card is available in online mode only, and candidates have to log in to download it.
2. Any two of the following three fields have to be entered: Six digit application number OR Registered email ID OR Date of Birth (DOB)
3. They should click on the ‘Submit’ button.
4. Before downloading it, the details of candidature, exam centre, along with exam date and timings should be checked.
The NIFT admit card displays the details that are entered by the candidates in application form of NIFT 2019. They must take its printout for future purposes. The admit card is not be sent via post.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Jammu|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
The result for bachelor of fashion technology for NIFT 2019 was announced on March 6. The Institute will declare the NIFT 2019 result for B.Des in March 2019. B.Des. applicants, who will get shortlisted after CAT and GAT, will have to appear for situation test also. However, GAT will be the only and final test for B.F.Tech admissions.
Weightage for NIFT admissions 2019
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
Bachelor of Design
How to check NIFT result 2019
Step 1- Candidates should click on the ‘NIFT result 2019’ button.
Step 2- they should enter any 2 of these details- roll number, DOB and application number.
Step 3- ‘Submit’ button should be clicked.
The screen will display the NIFT 2019 result. Candidates should take out its printout for future reference. Below mentioned details will be mentioned on it:
- Candidate’s name
- Roll number
- Application number
- Date of birth
- Subject-wise scores obtained in CAT, GAT and Situation Test
- Score obtained
Mode of Counselling: Online, Offline
Complete details about NIFT counselling 2019 will be available in May. There will be two rounds of the counselling procedure that will be conducted in June and July. Round one of NIFT 2019 counselling will be held in the second and third week of June. After that, round two will be conducted in the third week of July. Only qualified candidates will be required to attend the admission procedure as per the schedule. The NIFT will verify their documents as well.
In 2018, as many as 2,370 (2010 B.Des. and 360 B.FTech.) seats were allotted across 16 NIFTs to the candidates.
NIFT Counselling Procedure 2019
- Candidates will be required to register using the form number, DOB and password. A counselling campus has also to be selected from where it’s convenient to participate in the admission procedure. A system generated SMS and an email will be sent to them after successful registration.
- Candidates will be called for the NIFT 2019 counselling procedure solely on merit basis. They will have to select a seat in presence of the nodal officer.
- After the allocation of seat, the candidate will have to make payment of the full fee at the NIFT campus. The nodal officer will issue him/her allotment letter/receipt.
NIFT Entrance Exam 2019 Counselling Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
Documents Required at Counselling
- Class 12/degree (mark sheet and certificate)
- Bank draft
- Secondary school mark sheet and certificate
- Category certificate
- Certificate of the parents income
- Certificate of medical fitness
- Photographs - Passport size -2 and Stamp size -4
Questions related to NIFT Entrance Exam
hiiits not that gaurantee one while i could say where as it mainly depends on you where as your talent mainly matters so i would like t...
I want to know will i get admission in NIFT in B.F.TECH as my common merit rank is 693 for General Category
Hello Candidate, The authorities have not officially declared any cut off lists yet for 2019 but we can predict your chances using previous years c...
I got CMR 233 in B ftech 2019 gat exam .do I need to give situation test?.If not then is this my final rank or it could change
Hey Amartya!First of all, congratulations on your score.For NIFT BF tech exam, There is only one written exam that was General Aptitude Test (GAT)....
For B.f.tech can I choose any NIFT campus for counselling although if I'm not willing to opt for that campus?
Hello Prakriti,Yes, you can choose any NIFT campus for the counselling sessions, even if you are not really planning to opt for the particular camp...
Hello Esha,NIFT Result for B.Des programme will be available soon. You can stay tuned with the official website or Careers360 to get the updated in...
News and Articles
NIFT Result 2019
NIFT Result 2019 has been announced with Scorecard and Merit List by National Institute...
NIFT Counselling 2019
NIFT Counselling 2019 – Candidates can check here the complete process of NIFT 2019 Cou...
NIFT Syllabus 2019
NIFT Syllabus 2019- Candidates can check here NIFT syllabus 2019 for GAT, CAT and situa...
NIFT College Predictor 2019
NIFT College Predictor 2019 - Using the NIFT 2019 college predictor tool candidates can...
NIFT Question Paper
NIFT Question Papers - Candidates can download here the question papers of NIFT 2019 to...
NIFT Exam Analysis 2019
NIFT Exam Analysis 2019 - The exam analysis of NIFT 2019 comprises the type of question...
NIFT Exam Pattern 2019
NIFT Exam Pattern 2019 - National Institute of Fashion Technology designs the exam patt...
NIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019
NIFT Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Check here NIFT 2019 eligibility criteria for NIFT adm...
NIFT Admit Card 2019
NIFT Admit Card 2019 - National Institute of Fashion Technology released NIFT 2019 admi...
NIFT Important Dates 2019
NIFT Important Dates 2019 - National Institute of Fashion Technology announced NIFT 201...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile