Know all about Fashion Communication : Scope and Career Opportunities
Know all about Fashion Communication: These days number of pretty and luxury brands are mushrooming in the retail market globally. The success of a brand is measured majorly by its unique identity. There is a great demand for fashion communication experts to develop a quirky and distinctive brand identity for creating maximum impact. Read the complete article to know about fashion communication including eligibility criteria, areas of study, top colleges, top employers, positions offered, average salary, and more.
Stay up-to date with NIFT Entrance Exam News
Top College in India Offering Design
Eligibility Criteria to Pursue Fashion Communication
Fashion communication is a specialized design domain of fashion studies that enables students in acquiring communication skills relevant to the fashion and lifestyle industry. The eligibility criteria for pursuing fashion communication may vary for different institutes. In general, to pursue B.Des in fashion communication, aspirants have passed the class 10+2 examination from a recognized state or national board of education.
Check Also - Animation And Design Courses in India
Popular Online Design Courses and Certifications
What does Fashion Communication include?
For the whole fashion business, fashion communication is the backbone. It is one of the newest and most exciting avenues of the fashion and lifestyle industry. Fashion communication includes consolidated course study associated with different areas such as fashion journalism, styling, advertising, public relations, graphic design, visual merchandising, space design, photography, display, exhibit, creative writing, interaction design, new media design, etc.
Students after completing the fashion communication course emerge as dynamic professionals, who are qualified to offer effective and financially feasible communication solutions for the fashion industry. Fashion communication graduate students have multiple career opportunities such as graphic designing, visual merchandising, retail space designing, styling and photography, fashion journalism, PR/events, and fashion advertising.
|Government Design Colleges in India||List of Design Colleges in India|
|Fashion Design Colleges in India||Private Design Colleges in India|
History and Philosophy of Design
Communication Concepts & Processes
Consumer Behavior in Fashion
Craft Cluster & Doc Graphic Designumentation
Top College that offers Fashion Communication Course
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Bangalore
- National Institute of Fashion Technology, Chennai
- Pearl Academy
- Symbiosis Institute of Design
Browse Top Design Colleges by Location
Scope of Fashion Communication
There is ample job opportunity for fashion communication graduate students. The career opportunity does not confine around in India only, you can also work in other countries also. The job profiles that one can hope to join after pursuing a course in fashion communication are listed below:
- Fashion Advertiser
- PR Manager
- Retail Space Designer
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Photographer
- Fashion Journalist
- Graphic Designer
- Visual Merchandiser
- Event Manager
- Art Director
- Design Assistant
- Fashion Marketing Manager
- What is Designing | Scope of Design Courses
- How to become a fashion designer by Pritranjan Satapathy
- Scope of Footwear Designing In India
Marks & Spencer
Times of India
Ogilvy & Mather
Student Also Liked
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Know all about Fashion Communication : Scope and Career Opportunities
Question: What are career opportunity after fashion communication course?
The career opportunity after fashion communication course is mentioned in the above article.
Question: What is the average salary of a fashion communication graduate?
A fashion communication graduate salary varies depending on the brand, company and location. On an average, a fashion communication graduate can earn between Rs.1.4 lakhs to Rs.5 lakh annually.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria to pursue fashion communication course?
Students must pass the 10+2 exam to pursue a bachelor degree in fashion communication course.
Question: What is fashion communication?
Fashion communication is a specialised domain of fashion studies that enable students in acquiring communication skills relevant to the fashion and lifestyle industry. Fashion communication graduate students have multiple career opportunities such as graphic designing, visual merchandising, retail space designing, styling and photography, fashion journalism, PR/events and fashion advertising.
NIFT Counselling 2023 - National Institute of Fashion Technolo...
NIFT Answer Key 2023 - The authority will release the NIFT ans...
NIFT Exam Dates 2023 Released - Know the NIFT dates 2023 such ...
How To Prepare For NIFT Entrance Exam 2023 - With a maximum nu...
NIFT Exam Centres 2023: Know all about the exam centres of NI...
Questions related to NIFT Entrance Exam
When will the NIFT exam 2023 correction window available?
The application form correction window for NIFT 2023 is active from January 9 to 12, 2023.
can we apply for NIFT entrance exam after 12th class
Yes! If you want to pursue your under graduation from nift after 12th or even if you are appearing for12th exam then you are eligible to apply for the exam. There are several courses offered by nift which includes undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
Age (Undergraduate degree programmes) -
- General - the maximum age should be less than 24 years as on 1st august in the year of examination
- Reserved category - 5 years relaxation
Hope this information helps :)
What is the academic eligibility criteria for NIFT entrance exam?
NIFT 2023 ELIGIBILITY - B.DES admission
1. Aspiring students must have completed a 10+2 board exam from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi or,
2. Any Board/Public School/University Examination conducted in India or abroad which is equivalent to the 10+2 system and is accorded by the Association of Indian Universities or,
3. If candidates complete the General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Sri Lanka/ Cambridge/) at the Advanced (A) level/International Baccalaureate (IB) then, they are eligible to apply or,
4. Students will also be eligible if they have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by the National Open School with at least five subjects or,
5. Diploma of 3 or 4 years which is recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.
Age limit - Candidates must be of 23 years of age as of August 1, 2022. However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person With Disability (PHP) get a relaxation of 5 years
Eligibility for B.F.Tech admission
1. Students must pass the Class 12 exam in the 10+2 pattern of examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi or,
2. Any Public School/Board/University Exam in India or in foreign countries which is equivalent to a 10+2 system with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics as a mandatory subjects. It must be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or,
3. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination(London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/International Baccalaureate (IB) or,
4. Diploma of 3 or 4 years in any programme of engineering which is recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education or,
5. A passing grade in the Higher Secondary Education Examination held by the National Open School with at least five subjects - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Age limit is same as B.des
You can check other details about eligibility criteria for NIFT from link below
Hope this was informative for you
i want to do bvoc in interior design. can we find colleges for the same taking nift exam ?
For BVoc courses in interior design, separate entrance exams are conducted by the concerned colleges. By giving NIFT you can only get admission in BDes and MDes courses in NIFTs and some other participating institutes.
My rank is 1450 in general category in nift exam 2022 will i get into nift???
A rank of 1450 in Nift 2022 is indeed to a good rank and can fetch nift colleges for sure. However there are conditions which are important for the consideration of the cut offs like -
- Choices filled by the candidate.
- Number of candidates appearing in the examination.
- Difficulty level of the examination.
- Number of vacant seats.
You can hope to get colleges like NIFT jodhpur, NIFT Kolkata, NIFT Bhubaneswar, NIFT Patna.