CEED Syllabus 2023 (Part A & Part B) – Download Latest Syllabus PDF Here
CEED Syllabus 2023 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay will release the CEED 2023 syllabus along with the official notification in the first week of September 2022, in online mode. CEED syllabus 2023 includes the subject's name, topics, and chapters from which the question of the CEED entrance test will be framed.
Having insight into the CEED syllabus will help the candidates while preparing for the entrance test. CEED 2023 syllabus is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. CEED 2023 will be conducted in the last week of January 2023 from 9 am to 12 pm in multiple test centers. Read the complete article to know about the CEED syllabus 2023.
Stay up-to date with CEED News
Top College in India Offering Design
CEED 2023 - Overview
Name of the Exam
Common Entrance Exam for Design
Commonly Known As
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay
Mode of Application
Mode of Exam
Level of the Exam
CEED Syllabus 2023 for Part A Exam
CEED 2023 syllabus includes all the important topics of Part A and Part B. CEED syllabus 2023 for Part A and Part B is given below.
CEED Syllabus - Part A
1. Visualization and spatial ability - In this section of the CEED 2023 syllabus, questions will be asked based on the pictorial and diagrammatic to scrutinize students’ capability of transformation/ manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects followed by their spatial relationships.
2. Environmental and social awareness - Test-takers will be evaluated for their general awareness related to environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources, and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure, and environment. Aspirants must be aware of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, the history of the designed artifact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
3. Analytical and logical reasoning - Students must thoroughly examine the given information and answer judiciously. Test-takers must have the ability to probe the opinions, arguments, or solutions against relevant norms. Candidates must have the logical and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which statements are apt responses to the posed question.
4. Language and creativity - Test-takers must understand the passages in a commonly used English language. Candidates must think creatively in the matter of alternatives, facility to differentiate innovative options and think out of the box.
5. Design thinking and problem solving - Test-takers must understand the context, the user, and the constraints and select the most relevant solution for the given design problem.
6. Observation and design sensitivity - Candidates must have the ability to observe the hidden properties in day-to-day life and think rigorously about them. Aspiring students must be able to notify the variance in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED 2023 Syllabus for Part B Exam
1. Drawing - Aspiring candidates must be skilled in drawing products, people or scenes, together with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
2. Creativity - Candidates must have the ability of lateral thinking and suggest solitary along with diverse solutions.
3. Communication Skills - Students must have good communication skills. Candidates must be able to convey concepts and ideas distinctively by virtue of text and visuals.
4. Problem Identification Skills - Aspiring candidates must be able to understand the user and the context, have knowledge of properties of materials and their felicitous use in design, and many more.
Browse Top Fashion Design Colleges by Location
CEED Exam Pattern 2023
IIT Bombay will prescribe the CEED 2023 exam pattern which includes all the exam parameters of the entrance test. According to the CEED exam pattern 2023, the entrance test will be conducted in 3 hours. Part - A is a computer-based exam whereas Part B will be held based on pen and paper mode. The maximum mark for the entrance exam is 200.
CEED Preparation Tips 2023
Candidates must have a clear-cut exam strategy as well as effective preparation tips. CEED 2023 preparation are given below.
Solve the previous year's question
Enhance your drawing skill.
Have the ability to visualize.
Dilate your frame of mind.
Boost your current affairs knowledge
|10 Tips To Crack CEED 2023 In 30 Days||10 Do's and Don'ts for CEED 2023|
|How to Prepare for CEED 2023||Best Books For CEED 2023 Preparation|
CEED Sample Paper 2023
Students must practice the CEED sample paper to understand the exam pattern and the difficulty level of the entrance test. Solving the CEED sample papers will help the candidates get rid of exam fear. By practicing the CEED sample paper, students will get a fair idea about the accurate time-consuming of answering each question.
Revised CEED syllabus (Effective from 2024)
IIT Bombay has introduced changes in the syllabus and exam structure for CEED entrance exams. The revised syllabus and structure of CEED will be effective from 2024.
As per the new paper structure of CEED, the question paper will consist of 2 parts - Part A and Part B.
- Part A will be administered through a computer-based test and will consist of three sections such as NAT, MSQ, and MCQ.
- Part B will have two questions: one is drawing and the other is design aptitude.
- The question in Part B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer should be written/ drawn only in the answer book provided by the supervisor.
- The duration of Part B is 60 minutes.
Popular Online Design Courses and Certifications
CEED Revised Syllabus
Visualization and spatial reasoning: Ability to visualize and transform 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Practical and scientific knowledge: Know-how of scientific principles and everyday objects.
Observation and design sensitivity: Capacity to detect concealed properties in day-to-day life and think critically about them. Attention to details, classification, analysis, inference, and prediction.
Environment and society: General awareness of environmental, social, and cultural connections with design.
Analytical and logical reasoning: Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative information.
Language: Proficiency in reading and comprehending Standard English.
Creativity: Grasp verbal and non-verbal analogies, metaphors, signs, and symbols.
Art and Design knowledge: Awareness about art/artifact/product, artists/designers, art/design history, and trends.
Design methods and practices: Knowledge of media, materials, production processes, and ergonomics.
Drawing: Ability to draw products, people, or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
Design aptitude: Capability to practically and appropriately respond to problems/situations with ingenuity and empathy.
Creativity: Capacity to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
Communication: Skills to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
Problem identification: Capability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials, and their appropriate use in design.
NOTE: The topics given above are exhaustive and indicative of the nature of the questions. However, the CEED may not cover all the topics.
Student Also Liked
Top Design Entrance Exam
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CEED Syllabus 2023 (Part A & Part B) – Download Latest Syllabus PDF Here
Question: What is the CEED 2023 syllabus for both Part A and Part B?
CEED syllabus 2023 for Part A includes topics such as Visualization and Spatial Ability, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Environmental and Social Awareness, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem Solving, and Observation and Design Sensitivity.
In Part B, students will be checked for their creativity, drawing, communication skill, and problem-identifying skill.
Question: Did IIT Bombay recommend any specified test books or guide for the exam preparation ?
IIT Bombay didn’t recommend any particular books or guides for the preparation of the exam. However candidates can work on their drawing skill, enhance creativity and problem idendentifying skill. As a part of preparation, you can also solve the previous year's question.
Question: What are the topics included in Environment and General awareness?
Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness related to the environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
Question: When will the authorities conduct the CEED 2023?
CEED 2023 will be conducted in the last week of January 2023 in various exam centres.
Question: How can I crack CEED 2023?
CEED is a national level exam conducted by IIT Bombay to offer admission to the design aspirants in postgraduate level. With limited seat and maximum competitor, cracking CEED entrance test is not an easy task. Tacking CEED exam required lots of preparation and dedication. The preparation tips for CEED is mentioned in the above article.
Question: What is the preparation tips of CEED 2023?
The preparation tips of CEED 2023 is mentioned in the above article.
IIT Bombay M.Des Admission 2022 - Indian Institute of Technolo...
CEED Exam Analysis 2023 - Candidates will be able to check the...
CEED Answer Key 2023 - IIT Bombay will release the answer key ...
CEED Result 2023 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bomba...
CEED Application form 2023 - IIT Bombay will release the appli...
Questions related to CEED
can I get a sample of previous papers
You can download sample papers for CEED Examination from the link given below -
------ Also if you want previous year papers , sample papers, mock tests then I would like to inform you that you can find it on the web.
You just have to open your browser, type the name of the entrance examination and the year for which you seek PYQ paper and then after you search it, you will find numerous results for your query.
There are various sites available that provide all these information without charges, you can save it from there for future reference.
can a Mechanical Engineer Graduate givs CEED exam as eligiblity for M.Des Product Design and Manufacturing (IISc Banglore).
Mdes is an excellent degree for creative people, and your job and compensation will improve as a result. You can, in fact, apply for MDES.
You must succeed in the CEED, an annual design entry test. The majority of Indian schools, including NITs and IITs, accept CEED scores as proof of eligibility for MDes.
A select few universities, like IIT Kanpur and IISC Bangalore , also accept GATE scores. Engineering students have a second opportunity to apply for MDes without having to submit a CEED score.
BE, BTech, BDes, or BArch with a minimum cumulative GPA of 50 percent (pass grades for SC/ST) are required.
GATE / CEED score (70 percent weighting) with an online design aptitude test and an interview make up the IISc Bangalore selection process (30 percent weightage).
can anyone tell how ceed works ? My plan is to finish 12th, do the mains , do a three year course on BE and for my MDes in animation design i need to attend ceed? then what about uceed? can anyone give a detailed explanation regarding this
Hope you are doing well...!!!!
If you have any desire to take B des course in movement After twelfth class and after B des, M des configuration course in activity then you need to show up for entrance test like NIFT entrance, UCEED,CEED,NID entrance, NATA,. Plan in activity with a decent stamps and need to get ready for an intrigued like NID entrance with regards to NIFT entrance, CEED,UCEED. Can you ought to be graduate in planning course or designing course after that he needs to show up for assistants test for M plan in movement. The choice for confirmation is done on the legitimacy premise and stamps got in entrance tests.
Hope this information helps you!!!!
All the best!!!
i got rank 59 in st gategory in ceed 2022, what are the colleges i might be eligible for? is this a good rank?
As you have secured 59 marks in ceed 2022 and consider you would be having the benefit of sc category so let me tell you that in these marks it is very difficult to predict your colleges category wise .
Although various factors are considered while deciding the cut offs like number of candidates appearing in the examination, number of vacant seats in college, previous years cut offs and difficulty level of the paper.
For more information you can check out the link given below-
Can I apply MIT through CEED score for M.Des programme?
You have tagged MIT Chennai which only offers the following courses at post graduate level;
- M.E Aeronautical Engineering
- M.E Avionics
- M.E Aerospace Technology
- M.E (Part Time) Avionics
- M.E Automobile Engineering
- M.E Instrumentation Engineering
- M.E Manufacturing Engineering
- M.E Mechatronics
- M.E (Part Time) Manufacturing Engineering
- M.E (Part Time) Manufacturing Engineering with Specialization in Green Manufacturing
- M.Tech Rubber and Plastic Technology
- M.E Communication & Networking
- M.E Wireless Technology
- M.E (Part Time) Wireless Technology
- M.E VLSI Design and Embedded Systems
- M.E (Part Time) VLSI Design and Embedded System
- M.E Computer Science and Engineering
- M.E (Part Time)Computer Science and Engineering
- M.Tech Information Technology
- M.Tech (Part Time) Information Technology
- M.Phil Mathematics
- M.Sc Applied Mathematics
However, in case you want to know about MITID that is MIT Institute of Design, then it offers MDes in fashion management and marketing/design management for which the eligibility criteria is passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university securing 50% aggregate, the selection process consists of appearing for DAT, followed by studio test and personal interview, check out the official website at https://www.mitid.edu.in/admissions-mdes-programmes.html
you can also check out our page at https://design.careers360.com/articles/mitid-dat to know more details regarding this.