CEED Syllabus 2021
CEED Syllabus 2021 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay has released the syllabus of CEED on September 9, 2020. CEED 2021 syllabus specifies the name of the subjects, topics, chapters from which the question of CEED entrance test will be framed. Looking through the CEED syllabus will help the candidates at the time of exam preparation and score good marks. The syllabus of CEED is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. CEED 2021 will be conducted on January 17 to offer admission for Postgraduate courses in design programmes. Go through the CEED syllabus 2021 article to know more details and prepare for the exam in an effective way.
Latest - CEED 2021 admit card to be released on January 1. Also know the modification in CEED 2021 cutoff. Check CEED 2021 preparation strategy.
CEED 2021 Syllabus
The topics which are included in the syllabus of CEED are mentioned below. CEED syllabus 2021 contains all the specified fields or keynotes of Part A and Part B. Look through CEED 2021 syllabus to know all the inclusive points of the module.
CEED Syllabus - Part A
1. Visualization and spatial ability - In this part of CEED 2021, questions will be asked based on the pictorial and diagrammatic to scrutinize student’s capability of transformation/ manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects followed by their spatial relationships.
2. Environmental and social awareness - Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness related to the environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Students aspiring to appear in the entrance test must be fond of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
3. Analytical and logical reasoning - Students must sagaciously examine the given information and answer judiciously. Aspirants must be able to probe the opinions, arguments or solutions against relevant norms. Candidates must have the logical and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which statements are apt responses to the posed question.
4. Language and creativity - Students must have the ability to understand passages in a commonly used English language. Aspiring candidates must think creatively in the matter of alternatives, facility to differentiate innovative options and think out of the box.
5. Design thinking and problem solving - Aspirants must understand the context, the user and the constraints and select the most relevant solution for the given design problem.
6. Observation and design sensitivity - Candidates must have the ability to observe the hidden properties in day to day life and think rigorously about them. Aspiring students must be able to notify the variance in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED Syllabus - Part B
1. Drawing - Aspiring candidates must be skilled in drawing products, people or scenes, together with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
2. Creativity - Candidates must have the ability of lateral thinking and suggest solitary along with diverse solutions.
3. Communication Skills - Students must have good communication skills. Candidates must be able to convey concept and idea distinctively by virtue of text and visuals.
4. Problem Identification Skills - Aspiring candidates must be able to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their felicitous use in design and many more.
Note - CEED 2021 is an aptitude test so the authorities do not recommend any particular textbooks or guides for the preparation of the exam. However, candidates can exercise on their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Students can also solve the previous years questions to know the exam format and improve their speed and accuracy level of the answer.
CEED Exam Pattern 2021
IIT Bombay prescribed the exam pattern of CEED which contains all the exam parameters of the entrance test. According to the CEED 2021 exam pattern, the entrance test will be conducted in 3 hours. Part - A of the entrance is a computer-based exam whereas Part B will be held based on pen and paper mode. The maximum mark of the entrance exam is 200.
CEED Sample Paper 2021
Students must practice the sample paper of CEED to acquaint the format of the questions and the difficulty level of the entrance test. Solving the previous years question will help the candidates to get rid of exam fear and escalate their time management skills. By practising the CEED sample paper 2021 students will get a fair idea about the accurate time-consuming in answering each question.
CEED Preparation Tips 2021
Aspiring students must prepare exam preparation strategies to crack the entrance test with higher marks. Candidates must prepare for the test thoroughly to tackle the exam easily. Here are a few of the preparation tips for CEED 2021.
Solve the previous year question, it will help you in familiarizing with the exam parameters, type of the questions, weightage of each topic, marking scheme etc.
Enhance your drawing skill. Use a pencil and practice free sketching. You can also use H- grade pencil light drawing and while grade B pencil for shading. Identify the object and draw it with a unique point of view.
Have the ability of visualization. You must envision your concept in 3 dimensions before you pen down on a paper. Try to foresee a new idea by brainstorming and sketch it on the paper.
Dilate your frame of mind. Don’t spin around the exquisite but think beyond the box and come up with an astounding piece of idea.
Boost your current affair knowledge. You must know what is happening around you, keep yourself updated with hard news, read newspapers, magazines, fashion blogs etc habitually.
Check here for relevant articles of CEED 2021:
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CEED Syllabus 2021
Question: What is the syllabus of CEED 2021?
The syllabus of CEED is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. The first part i.e Part A will include topics such as Visualization and Spatial Ability, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Environmental and Social Awareness, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem Solving and Observation and Design Sensitivity. In Part B, students will be checked for their creativity, drawing, communication skill and problem identifying skill.
Question: Did IIT Bombay recommend any specified test books or guide for the exam preparation ?
IIT Bombay didn’t recommend any particular books or guides for the preparation of the exam. However candidates can work on their drawing skill, enhance creativity and problem idendentifying skill. As a part of preparation, you can also solve the previous year's question.
Question: What are the topics included in Environment and General awareness?
Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness related to the environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
Question: When will the authorities conduct the CEED 2021?
CEED 2021 will be conducted most likely on January 17, 2021.
Question: How can I crack CEED 2021?
CEED is a national level exam conducted by IIT Bombay to offer admission to the design aspirants in postgraduate level. With limited seat and maximum competitor, cracking CEED entrance test is not an easy task. Tacking CEED exam required lots of preparation and dedication. The preparation tips for CEED is mentioned in the above article.
Question: What is the preparation tips of CEED 2021
The preparation tips of CEED 2021 is mentioned in the above article.
CEED Important Dates 2021 - IIT Bombay has released the import...
CEED Admit Card 2021 - IIT Bombay will release the admit card ...
CEED Exam Centres 2021- IIT Bombay will conduct the entrance ...
Best Study Material for CEED 2021 - In order to crack India's ...
Questions related to CEED
A civil engineer can take which design through CEED entrance ?
It is not uncommon for civil engineers to switch to design as a career, which is non technical field. There are many specializations in M.Des that you can take up being a civil designer from CEED scores. In my opinion, the below specializations will be best for you:-
- M.Des Product Design
- M.Des Transportation & Automobile design
- M.Des Building Products and Systems
- M.Des Industrial Design
Refer the article below to get a list of best colleges through CEED:-
All the best!
what is the main difference between uceed and ceed
CEED stands for "common Entrance exam for design " which is mainly a exam to be attempted after you have completed your B.Des and want to opt for M.Des from IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
Now UCEED is the exam which is to opted for undergraduate studies i.e., for the program B.Des from IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur. M.Des from IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, IIITDM Jabalpur, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D programmes in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
This is the basic difference between the two exams.
I hope my answer helps you. All the very best for your future endeavors!
For the ceed exam, under the form of obc-ncl certification, is it enough to upload copies of obc and ncl certificate? Or should i get the attested appendix 2 form itself??
You can upload the ertificate as well as fill the appendix 2 form, do both to be on the safer side. Candidates belonging to OBC-NCL category are informed that the category certificate uploaded by them would be accepted if it is issued after April 1, 2019 only.
what is the difference between UCEED and CEED?? and which form should I fill for b design in interior designing course
The simple basic difference between UCCED and CEED is as follows :-
CEED is a examinationfor candidates seeking admission in Master of Design (M.Des) programmes at IISc and iits. Also it is for getting admission in Phd programme in Design at IISc Bangalore, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIT Kanpur.
UCEED is for candidates who wants admission to the Bachelor in Design (B. Des.) at - Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, and Indian Institute of Information Technology Design and Manufacturing Jabalpur, and other 22 result sharing institutes
Both exams are taken by IIT BOMBAY.
So, if you want B.des in interior designing course at iits or at any other result sharing institutes then you have to give UCEED exam.
I havent received the college degree yet but for the ceed registration form we must upload it. what shouldI do?
As your doubt about the uploading of the degree certificate for CEED registration form, if you haven't received your original degree certificate you may apply for the provisional certificate, this can be used untill the original certificate is received. So I suggest you to apply for your provisional certificate in your college, then you may upload your provisional certificate for the registration process.