CEED Syllabus 2021
CEED Syllabus 2021 - Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Bombay will release the syllabus of CEED most likely in the third week of September 2020. CEED 2021 syllabus specifies the name of the subjects, topics, chapters from which the question of CEED entrance test will be framed. Looking through the CEED syllabus will help the candidates at the time of exam preparation and score good marks. The syllabus of CEED is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. CEED 2021 will be conducted in the third week of January to offer admission for Postgraduate courses in design programmes. Go through the CEED syllabus 2021 article to know more details and prepare for the exam in an effective way.
CEED 2021 Syllabus
The topics which are included in the syllabus of CEED are mentioned below. CEED syllabus 2021 contains all the specified fields or keynotes of Part A and Part B. Look through CEED 2021 syllabus to know all the inclusive points of the module.
CEED Syllabus - Part A
1. Visualization and spatial ability - In this part of CEED 2021, questions will be asked based on the pictorial and diagrammatic to scrutinize student’s capability of transformation/ manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects followed by their spatial relationships.
2. Environmental and social awareness - Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness related to the environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Students aspiring to appear in the entrance test must be fond of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
3. Analytical and logical reasoning - Students must sagaciously examine the given information and answer judiciously. Aspirants must be able to probe the opinions, arguments or solutions against relevant norms. Candidates must have the logical and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which statements are apt responses to the posed question.
4. Language and creativity - Students must have the ability to understand passages in a commonly used English language. Aspiring candidates must think creatively in the matter of alternatives, facility to differentiate innovative options and think out of the box.
5. Design thinking and problem solving - Aspirants must understand the context, the user and the constraints and select the most relevant solution for the given design problem.
6. Observation and design sensitivity - Candidates must have the ability to observe the hidden properties in day to day life and think rigorously about them. Aspiring students must be able to notify the variance in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED Syllabus - Part B
1. Drawing - Aspiring candidates must be skilled in drawing products, people or scenes, together with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
2. Creativity - Candidates must have the ability of lateral thinking and suggest solitary along with diverse solutions.
3. Communication Skills - Students must have good communication skills. Candidates must be able to convey concept and idea distinctively by virtue of text and visuals.
4. Problem Identification Skills - Aspiring candidates must be able to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their felicitous use in design and many more.
Note - CEED 2021 is an aptitude test so the authorities do not recommend any particular text books or guides for the preparation of the exam. However candidates can exercise on their drawing, rendering and visualization skills. Students can also solve the previous years questions to know the exam format and improve their speed and accuracy level of the answer.
CEED Exam Pattern 2021
IIT Bombay prescribed the exam pattern of CEED which contains all the exam parameters of the entrance test. According to the CEED exam pattern the entrance test will be conducted in 3 hours. Part - A of the entrance is a computer based exam whereas Part B will be held based on pen and paper mode. The maximum mark of the entrance exam is 200.
CEED Sample Paper 2021
Students must practice the sample paper of CEED to acquaint the format of the questions and the difficulty level of the entrance test. Solving the previous years question will help the candidates to get rid of exam fear and escalate their time management skills. By practicing the CEED sample paper 2021 students will get a fair idea about the accurate time consuming in answering each question.
CEED Preparation Tips 2021
Aspiring students must prepare exam preparation strategies to crack the entrance test with higher marks. Candidates must prepare for the test thoroughly to tackle the exam easily. Here are a few of the preparation tips for CEED 2021.
Solve the previous year question, it will help you in familiarizing with the exam parameters, type of the questions, weightage of each topic , marking scheme etc.
Enhance your drawing skill. Use pencil and practice free sketching. You can also use H- grade pencil light drawing and while grade B pencil for shading. Identify the object and draw it with a unique point of view.
Have the ability of visualization. You must envision your concept in 3 dimensions before you pen down on a paper. Try to foresee a new idea by brainstorming and sketch it on the paper.
Dilate your frame of mind. Don’t spin around the exquisite but think beyond the box and come up with an astounding piece of idea.
Boost your current affair knowledge. You must know what is happening around you, keep yourself updated with hard news, read newspapers, magazines, fashion blogs etc habitually.
Check here for relevant articles of CEED 2021:
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CEED Syllabus 2021
Question: What is the syllabus of CEED 2021?
The syllabus of CEED is divided into two parts - Part A and Part B. The first part i.e Part A will include topics such as Visualization and Spatial Ability, Analytical and Logical Reasoning, Environmental and Social Awareness, Language and Creativity, Design Thinking and Problem Solving and Observation and Design Sensitivity. In Part B, students will be checked for their creativity, drawing, communication skill and problem identifying skill.
Question: Did IIT Bombay recommend any specified test books or guide for the exam preparation ?
IIT Bombay didn’t recommend any particular books or guides for the preparation of the exam. However candidates can work on their drawing skill, enhance creativity and problem idendentifying skill. As a part of preparation, you can also solve the previous year's question.
Question: What are the topics included in Environment and General awareness?
Candidates will be assessed for their general awareness related to the environmental factors, such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
Question: When will the authorities conduct the CEED 2021?
CEED 2021 will be conducted most likely in the third week of January, 2021.
Questions related to CEED
what would be the area of knowldege or skill would be asked in interview and test i mean as a general so as to prepare for it especifically.
Can you help us in understanding if there is any particular entrance exam or Personal Interview that you are attending? Most questions depend on this and so if you can help us with this information, we can help you further.
I have open CEED rank of 130. Can i get into any IIT? My score is 51.5
Hello Aspirant ,
As your common entrance examination design score is 51.5 and you scored good marks congratulations for that and you pursued good rank 130 its a good rank you have chances to get seat in the IITs for phd and mds and you can get seat in top IITs like
Are some of the IITs you may have chance to get in it and you if have any resevations it is more beneficial to get seat in the top most IITs and this course is useful and if you get seat in the IITs you get placements in good companies and you may get jobs with more packages about 10 lakhs hope for the best to get seat in the IITs ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you.
Thank you !!
ST rank 19 CEED. Will it be possible to get a seat in Mdes IIT Delhi?
Ceed means common entrance exam for designing as it is the entrance exam conducted for getting seat in the good colleges or universities like IITs for the mdes and phd courses and you scored rank 19 in the st category congratulations you have chances to get seat in the IITs and you have more chance to get seat in the top most IITs like
Are the top most IITs and you can get seat in the above mentioned IITs and i compared your rank with the last year cutoff marks being st category it became more beneficial to you to get seat in the top most IITs and mdes is a good course and we can prefer this course we can get high package salaries in IITs and ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you .
Thank you !!
While filling up the appplication form, the rank for CEED given ahould be of the open rank or the category rank?
As Ceed means common entrance examination for designing conducted for getting seat for good colleges or universities for the phd and mdes courses and these are thegood courses that you can prefer and you should mention open category rank as if they mention any category based rank you should mention category rank if only rank is asked you should mention the open category rank in the application form and we will get seat in iits in the top colleges if we score good marks in this entrance exam and if we phd and mdes courses in the IITs you may get good placements with high packages and ALL THE BEST for your future and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you.
Thank you !!!
I got a rank of 52 in the ST category in CEED. In which colleges do I have a chance to get into?
CEED means common entrance exam for designing is the entrance exam conducted for getting seat for good college for phd and mdes courses if you score good marks you may have chances getting seat in the top most IITs and as you are of st category and resevations added a beneficial point to you to get seat in IITs and you pursued 52 rank category wise as you pursued good rank category wise congratulations for that and you may have chances to get seat in the good IITs like
Are some the top most institutes you can get seat in that institutes based on previous year cutoffs and i think my suggestions and knowledge may be helpful to you.
ALL THE BEST for your future