NIFT Exam Pattern 2018 – The exam pattern of NIFT 2018 entrance exam has been notified by the exam conducting body- National Institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi on October 20, 2017. NIFT 2018 exam pattern of Creative Ability Test (CAT), General Ability Test (GAT) and Situation Test (ST) comprises complete details including the total number of questions, maximum marks, test duration, sections, and more. Candidates seeking admission to Bachelor of design will have to appear for CAT and GAT. Shortlisted ones will be eligible to appear for Situation Test. Aspirants seeking admissions to Bachelor of Technology will have to appear for GAT only. NIFT 2018 will test knowledge, skill and aptitude of the candidates for the programme opted. NIFT exam pattern 2018 for B.Des and B.F.Tech can be checked on this page.
LATEST - Candidates can fill NIFT application form from October 20, 2017.
NIFT 2018 Creative Ability Test (CAT) for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
CAT will examine candidates’ intuitive ability, observation power in the development of a concept and design ability. Along with that, creative and innovative use of illustration and color skills will be tested.
NIFT 2018 General Ability Test (GAT) for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
Paper Based Test (PBT)
General knowledge and current affairs
Number of questions
Section wise Topics for NIFT 2018 GAT for B.Des
English Comprehension: This tests the candidate’s ability to comprehend a situation from a given passage, along with a test of basic English language.
Quantitative Ability: This tests the quantitative ability of the candidates. It includes questions on division, fractions, percentages, addition, multiplication, the rate of interest, ratio and proportion, distance, and work and task.
Communication Ability: This section will judge candidates’ language ability in day to day communication in English. Questions from correct spellings, one-word substitutes, idioms and phrases, synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, singular, plural, etc. will be asked.
Analytical Ability: This tests the candidate’s capacity for ability of inference and logic from the given information.
General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This judges the candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
NIFT Exam pattern 2018 for B.Des and B.F.Tech
A. NIFT 2018 Situation Test for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.)
Candidates shortlisted of CAT and GAT will be eligible to appear for situation test. It will test candidates’ ability to handle materials along with innovative ability in a particular situation with a given set of materials. No additional material will be provided/allowed.
The model will be evaluated on space visualization, innovative and creative use of given material, element composition, the finesse of the model, construction skill, colour scheme, etc.
B. NIFT 2018 General Ability Test (GAT) for Bachelor of Technology (B.F.Tech.)
Paper Based Test (PBT)
Communication ability and English comprehension
Analytical and Logical Ability
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
Number of questions
Note- There will be no negative marking.
1. Quantitative Ability: This tests the quantitative ability of the candidates. It includes questions on division, fractions, percentages, addition, multiplication, rate of interest, ratio and proportion, distance, and work and task.
2. Communication Ability and English Comprehension: In this section, questions from idioms and phrases, correct spellings, singular, plural, one-word substitutes, synonyms, antonyms, words with corresponding meanings, etc. will be asked.
3. Analytical Ability and Logical Ability: Candidates’ ability to draw inference and logic from the given information is tested in this section. They have to apply reasoning to solve core issues with their creative and lateral thinking.
4. General Knowledge and Current Affairs: This section will test candidate’s general knowledge and current affairs.
5. Case Study: This part will be a test of a particular situation of an industry environment. It will evaluate candidates’ managerial ability.
NIFT 2018 Weightage
The weightage assigned to each NIFT 2018 test in the final merit list of the entrance examination will be as under:
NIFT Weightage 2018
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
Bachelor of Design
Stay tuned to design.careers360.com for latest updates, news and feature articles on NIFT Exam Pattern 2018.