SEED Exam Pattern 2020 : Syllabus, Admission Process
SEED Exam Pattern 2020: In view of the COVID 19 outbreak and unpredictable regarding the end of the lockdown, Symbiosis Institute of Design cancelled SEED 2021 revised the admission process for the academic year 2020-21. According to the modified admission process, candidates will be evaluated through portfolio review and personal interaction over video conferencing scheduled over a period of six days starting 20th May to 25th May, 2020. Candidates will have to upload their portfolio. Uploading of the portfolio has been started from May 11 and test-takers can upload it till May 23, 2020. Candidates must note that the portfolio has to be uploaded at least two days prior to the chosen PI date. Aspirants can start booking the slot for online interaction (personal interview through video conferencing) from May 15 to 17. Candidates can download the admit card on May 19, 2020, and have to produce in print/soft copy during the personal interaction. Aspirants will be shared the link for the online interaction in advance on their registered email address by the institute. Check below to know the complete details of the revised SEED admission process 2020.
Latest: SEED 2020 merit list released on June 2, 2020 in online mode.
The revised admission process are listed below.
- The new admission process consists of a portfolio review and personal interaction over video conferencing scheduled over a period of six days starting 20th May to 25th May, 2020.
- Candidates will have to upload their portfolio and it has to be uploaded at least two days prior to the chosen PI date. Click here to upload the portfolio.
- Candidates have to select their choice for the online personal interview. The link for slot booking will be updated by the official on May 15 evening.
- Test-takers can download the admit card on May 19, 2020, in online mode. The print/soft copy of admit card/call letter has to be presented at the time of personal interaction.
- Candidates will have to appear for the personal interaction on their chosen time slot and date.
- During the online personal interview, interaction related to the portfolio will also take.
- Students will receive a link for online interaction on their registered email address from the concerned authorities.
- Test-takers will also have to accept a declaration that no part of the online interaction shall be recorded or shared by them on any social media platform.
- The institute will prepare a merit list based on the portfolio review and personal interaction. The portfolio carries 60% weightage and personal interaction carries 40% weightage.
(As per the old advertisement) The exam pattern of SEED 2020 is predefined by the Symbiosis Institute of Design which is conducted a body of SEED. It is a computer-based test of 2.5 hours carrying around 150 multiple objective questions divided into many sections. SEED exam 2020 will be conducted in online mode. The exam of SEED has divided into many sections i.e., visualization, application of basic knowledge of science and mathematics, observational, perceptual and reasoning abilities, creative and problem-solving abilities, Art, craft, culture, design and environment. Candidates are suggested to prepare the question paper according to the SEED 2020 exam pattern and syllabus. Candidate can check all the information about SEED Exam pattern 2020 such as the total number of sections, marking scheme and questions, etc.
SEED 2020 Exam Pattern Overview
(As per the old advertisement) Let’s have a look at the overall major key points of exam pattern of SEED 2020. SID has provided the exam structure of SEED 2020.
SEED 2020 Exam Pattern
Total number of questions
Type of questions
Once a year
9:30 am to 12 pm
SEED Admission Process 2020
Entrance Test (exam score scaled down to 40 marks)
SEED Syllabus 2020
Questions in the SEED 2020 entrance test will be asked from the below-mentioned topics
Topics for SEED 2020
Getting insight into the visualization of simple and complex 2D & 3D geometric shapes. Also, their manipulations and spatial relationships through representations in pictorial and geometric forms.
Application of basic knowledge of science and mathematics
Keeping applications of basic principles of science and mathematics of standard 10th level in the day-to-day activities and objects and finding the interesting relevance
Observational, perceptual and reasoning abilities
Ability to read and view objects and information beyond make connections, draw meanings and conclusions, obvious details, form opinions, make comparisons. Scrutinize your observations, give your point of view and present in a lucid manner.
Creative and problem-solving abilities
Ability to visualize and relate the image. Ability to discover problems and Suitable solutions of it.
Art, craft, culture, design and environment
Policies of Craft, Culture, Art, Design and Environment in Indian and global context - Various topics and material, tools, influences, people, period, modern trends, sub-topics, techniques, and issues & concerns,SEED 2020 merit list
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - SEED Exam Pattern 2020 : Syllabus, Admission Process
Question: What is the marking scheme for SEED 2020?
One mark will be given for each right attempt while no mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
Question: Do we have to select any section in a prescribed order?
No, there is no predefined order to answer the questions.
Question: In which mode will SEED 2020 is going to be held?
SEED 2020 going to be held in online mode only.
Symbiosis Institute of Design (SID), Pune announced SEED 2020 ...
SEED Important Dates 2020 - Candidates can check here the impo...
SEED result is announced by Symbiosis Institute of Design on M...
SEED 2018- Symbiosis Institute of Design has conducted SEED 20...