Fashion Designing Career Option: Scope, Job Opportunities in India
Scope of Fashion Designing In India - A career in Fashion Designing is undoubtedly a good choice as the fashion industry has gained popularity and reached its peak. However, the fashion industry has a lot of cut-throat competition and vast challenges. The practice of fashion designing can be seen from time immemorial. The scope of fashion design does not restrict to India only one can have good job opportunities overseas as well.
Stay up-to date with NIFT Entrance Exam News
Top College in India Offering Design
What is Fashion Designing?
Fashion design is the art of applying design to make clothes and accessories more aesthetically beautiful. Fashion design gets its influence from social and cultural attributes. The ambit of fashion designing does not confine to garments only: it covers several other aspects like accessories, jewelry, footwear, etc. as well.
After completing the fashion design course, students have innumerable choices in front of them. Fashion designing graduate students can join fashion houses/ manufacturing/ export units for a paid job or launch their own label in the market. Careers360 brings here the expanding scope and opportunities in the exciting and thrilling field of the fashion industry.
Popular Online Design Courses and Certifications
Fashion Designer: No introduction is required for the fashion designer. They play a key role in the fashion industry by making new products with regard to the latest trends prevailing in the market. Fashion designers attend big events related to fashion and design such as trade shows, fashion exhibitions, etc.
Fashion Illustrator: Well fashion illustrator's role is to make a primary sketch of what the fashion designer desires and explains. An illustrator is the running hand of mental creations and ideas of the designer.
Fashion Stylist: A fashion stylist does not design or make clothes. Fashion stylists create a look. They coordinate with clients and create a look for them as per the events. Being a fashion stylist all you need to do is you have to select the perfect outfit which will suit your client the most.
Fashion Coordinator: The fashion coordinator takes care of marketing policies and their arrangements. They are not related to the design task. The responsibilities of advertising products, organizing fashion shows, etc. lie with the coordinator.
Fashion Consultant: A consultant in the fashion industry should be aware of trends and transitions in the domain, and should have knowledge about fashion design as well. They regularly offer ideas regarding the development of a product. He/she is required to be an active observer who is sensitive to changing vogues.
Fashion Merchandiser: A merchandiser has the primary responsibility for marketing. Analyzing past and latest trends and sales data is among the major key deliverables. He/ she collects details from buyers and coordinates with the designers/production team for the development of a product that meets the market requirement. Having know-how of fashion trends, fabrics, textures, hues, etc. along with an understanding of market demand and production procedures are required from a fashion merchandiser.
Fashion Designing Top Colleges
Name of the college
Top Design Entrance Exam
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Fashion Designing Career Option: Scope, Job Opportunities in India
Question: Who is a Fashion Stylist?
Fashion stylist is the one who creates a look. Fashion stylist do not design or make clothes instead they coordinate with clients and creates a look for them as per the events.
Question: What are the job opportunities after a fashion designing course?
After completing their professional studies in fashion Designing, students have ample job opportunities in front of them. Fashion designing graduate students can join fashion houses/manufacturing/export units for a paid job or launch their own label in the market. A few of the job profiles that can be opted for after the designing course are as follows.
Question: What is the eligibility criteria to pursue B.Des in fashion designing?
Students must pass the 10+2 exam or equivalent from a recognized board or university.
Question: What are the scope of fashion designing in India?
The scope of fashion designing does not restrict in India only but one can have job opportunities in aboard as well with their creativity and experience. After completing their professional studies in fashion Designing, students have innumerable choices in front of them.
How To Prepare For NIFT Entrance Exam 2023 - With a maximum nu...
NIFT Application Form 2023 – National Institute of Fashion Tec...
NIFT Exam Pattern 2023 - National Institute of Fashion Technol...
NIFT Exam Dates 2023 Released - Know the NIFT dates 2023 such ...
Questions related to NIFT Entrance Exam
When will the NIFT exam 2023 correction window available?
The application form correction window for NIFT 2023 is active from January 9 to 12, 2023.
can we apply for NIFT entrance exam after 12th class
Yes! If you want to pursue your under graduation from nift after 12th or even if you are appearing for12th exam then you are eligible to apply for the exam. There are several courses offered by nift which includes undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes.
Age (Undergraduate degree programmes) -
- General - the maximum age should be less than 24 years as on 1st august in the year of examination
- Reserved category - 5 years relaxation
Hope this information helps :)
What is the academic eligibility criteria for NIFT entrance exam?
NIFT 2023 ELIGIBILITY - B.DES admission
1. Aspiring students must have completed a 10+2 board exam from any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education/State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi or,
2. Any Board/Public School/University Examination conducted in India or abroad which is equivalent to the 10+2 system and is accorded by the Association of Indian Universities or,
3. If candidates complete the General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Sri Lanka/ Cambridge/) at the Advanced (A) level/International Baccalaureate (IB) then, they are eligible to apply or,
4. Students will also be eligible if they have passed the 10+2 examination conducted by the National Open School with at least five subjects or,
5. Diploma of 3 or 4 years which is recognized by AICTE or State Board of Technical Education.
Age limit - Candidates must be of 23 years of age as of August 1, 2022. However, candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person With Disability (PHP) get a relaxation of 5 years
Eligibility for B.F.Tech admission
1. Students must pass the Class 12 exam in the 10+2 pattern of examination with Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects from any recognized Central/ State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi or,
2. Any Public School/Board/University Exam in India or in foreign countries which is equivalent to a 10+2 system with Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics as a mandatory subjects. It must be recognized by the Association of Indian Universities or,
3. General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination(London/ Cambridge/ Sri Lanka) at the advanced (A) level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/International Baccalaureate (IB) or,
4. Diploma of 3 or 4 years in any programme of engineering which is recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education or,
5. A passing grade in the Higher Secondary Education Examination held by the National Open School with at least five subjects - Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
Age limit is same as B.des
You can check other details about eligibility criteria for NIFT from link below
Hope this was informative for you
i want to do bvoc in interior design. can we find colleges for the same taking nift exam ?
For BVoc courses in interior design, separate entrance exams are conducted by the concerned colleges. By giving NIFT you can only get admission in BDes and MDes courses in NIFTs and some other participating institutes.
My rank is 1450 in general category in nift exam 2022 will i get into nift???
A rank of 1450 in Nift 2022 is indeed to a good rank and can fetch nift colleges for sure. However there are conditions which are important for the consideration of the cut offs like -
- Choices filled by the candidate.
- Number of candidates appearing in the examination.
- Difficulty level of the examination.
- Number of vacant seats.
You can hope to get colleges like NIFT jodhpur, NIFT Kolkata, NIFT Bhubaneswar, NIFT Patna.