Admissions Open Now
Symbiosis Institute of Design
Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET-2..
NID DAT Eligibility Criteria 2019- National Institute of Design announced the eligibility criteria of NID DAT on October 1, 2018. Aspirants interested in appearing for the entrance exam must check the NID DAT 2019 eligibility criteria before filling the online application form. The first stage of NID DAT 2019 prelims was held on January 6, 2019. Admissions will be given across a total of 100 B.Des seats on merit basis. Aspirants seeking admissions at NID Ahmedabad should be aware of the NID DAT eligibility criteria 2019. The detailed eligibility criteria including age and educational requirements for appearing in NID DAT 2019 can be checked in this article below.
Latest: Students can download NID DAT 2019 Admit Card for Mains on May 1.
NID DAT Eligibility Criteria 2019
Admissions Open Now
KALINGA INSTITUTE OF INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY ENTRANCE EXAMINATION (KIITEE- 2019) | 1 Exam | 100+ Courses | Exam Dates: 15th-24th April 2019
Candidates applying for the NID DAT 2019 B.Des. programmes must fulfill the below mentioned criteria:
Age requirement for applying:
An applicant must be of 20 years of age on or before June 30, 2019. Only those students are eligible to apply who are born on or after July 1, 1999.
There is an age relaxation of three years for the candidates belonging to reserved categories. The upper age limit for reserved candidates is 23 years as on June 30, 2019. In such a case, students born on or after 1 July 1996 are eligible to apply for the entrance test.
- The upper limit for aspirants belonging to PwD reserved category is 25 years as on June 30, 2019. Those candidates who are born on or after 1 July 1994 can sit for the exam.
- The upper age limit for candidates belonging to foreign nationals is 20 years as on June 30, 2019. Candidates who are born on or after July 1, 1999 can appear for the exam.
Academic requirements for applying:
Candidates, who have passed or will be appearing for higher secondary (10+2) (any stream) qualifying examination in the academic year 2018-19 from any recognised board of education (CBSE, IB, ICSE, or their equivalent) are also eligible to fill the online application form of NID DAT 2019.
Examinations that will be considered equivalent can be checked below:
Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy (NDA)
Intermediate or two-year pre-university examination under a board or university recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Final examination of the 10+2 system under a central or state board recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
H.S.C. vocational examination
Any public school, board or university examination completed in India or in any foreign country recognised as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
Senior secondary school examination under the National Institute of Open Schooling, with a minimum of five subjects
General Certificate Education (GCE) examination at the Advanced (A) level taken in London, Cambridge or Sri Lanka
AICTE approved three-year full time Diploma after class X offered by Board of Technical Education or any state in India or Union Territories
Note: Candidates, who have passed the final examination of class XII (or equivalent) outside India or from a board not specified in the table above, are required to produce a certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) confirming that the exam they have cleared is equivalent to the class XII examination held in India.
- Aspirants, who will be appearing for the final qualifying examination are eligible to apply. But they are required to present the proof of having acquired the minimum required qualifications at the time of admission.
- In case the result of class XII/final semester/final year of graduation (as the case may be) has not been announced by the concerned board or university by the date of admission, the admission will be strictly provisional, subject to the below mentioned conditions:
- Candidates should submit the final result of their qualifying degree/certificate proving their eligibility on or before August 31, 2019, to the Activity Chairperson, Professional Education Programme.
- Candidates are also required to provide the qualifying exam’s date sheet/admit card/Principal’s certificate as proof of having appeared for their final qualifying exam.
- The proof of having passed all the examinations in all the previous years/semesters of the qualifying degree has to be provided by the candidates, who are seeking provisional admission, and are waiting for their final result.
- Applicants, who have appeared for compartment or supplementary examination(s) for class 12 or have backlogs of any semester/final year of graduation whose result have not been announced by the time of admission, will be considered for admission as per (1) above.
- Any candidates, who has not taken the final qualifying exam before the date admission date, will not be eligible for NID admission.
Important- National Institute of Design (NID) will consider provisional admissions only in those cases wherein the results of the final semester/year of candidates’ qualifying degree have not been announced by the concerned board/university.